Job Title Community Manager
Department The Sun Online
The Sun Online is building a new Community Team to project our voice to our readers, listening to them and involving them in our conversations and inspiring loyalty on both sides.
Purpose of role:
To help establish and maintain The Sun Online’s voice and build and strengthen our communities through interaction with our readers both on and off-platform, working closely with our Social Media Team, within the Audience Development Team.
- Work with key stakeholders to establish the brand voice of The Sun Online
- Help to create a community strategy, incorporating on and off-platform approaches and the creation of new communities as required
- Responsibility for all customer interaction, beyond that covered by customer services
- Use analytics to inform strategic approach and report on results
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to ensure consistency of approach and to develop new initiatives
- Work closely with the Technology Team to ensure requirements are fed, met and delivered
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.