Job Title: Production Manager
Summary of Role:
Support the delivery of podcasts, personalised / listen again radio, audiobooks and other on-demand audio offerings across Wireless Group and News UK
Relevant skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a spoken word audio production environment
- Experience in creating podcasts and / or pre-recorded speech radio programmes
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to build relationships with producers, journalists, presenter talent and key editorial stakeholders
- Creativity and ability to contribute new ideas
Key objectives of role:
- Provide day to day support as required to the Head of On-Demand Audio as they lead the development and delivery of on-demand audio content on behalf of The Sun, The Times, The Sunday Times, TLS and Wireless Group
- Support the production of high quality podcasts, audiobooks and other on-demand audio offerings
- Manage bookings of producers, presenters, journalists and guests
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure access to appropriate studio facilities
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant stakeholders across News UK and Wireless Group
- Liaise with Wireless Group production teams on the creation and publication of podcasts repurposed from broadcast output
- Liaise with creative production, marketing and digital departments in the development of high quality imaging, trails and marketing assets
- Ability to undertake audio production duties as required
- Work with the digital department and distribution partners to ensure strong prominence and promotion on external audio platforms (iTunes, Acast, Deezer etc.)
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.