Job Title: Head of On-Demand Audio
Summary of Role:
Lead the delivery of podcasts, personalised / listen again radio, audiobooks and other on-demand audio offerings across Wireless Group and News UK
Relevant skills and experience:
- Previous leadership experience within a spoken word audio production environment
- Experience in creating podcasts which have had a major impact
- Experience in creating pre-recorded speech radio programmes
- Experience in managing a fast-moving audio production team
- Ability to manage talent and key editorial stakeholders
- Creative flair and strong ability to generate new ideas
Key objectives of role:
- Contribute to the development of an overarching editorial strategy for The Sun, The Times, The Sunday Times, TLS and Wireless Group on-demand audio content
- Oversee production of high quality podcasts, audiobooks and other on-demand audio offerings aligned with our radio and print brands that are capable of achieving a major impact
- Recruit and manage a team of talented and highly creative audio producers capable of delivering excellent audio content to a defined budget
- Develop and maintain relationships with key News UK editorial stakeholders to ensure appropriate newsroom and talent access
- Hire and manage relevant external presenter talent
- Work with Wireless Group radio production teams to create evergreen, impactful segments within broadcast output which lend themselves to being redeployed as on-demand content / podcasts
- Work with News UK brands to develop engaging podcasts capable of being syndicated on radio
- Liaise with creative production, marketing and digital departments in the development of high quality imaging, trails and marketing assets
- Work with the digital department and distribution partners to ensure strong prominence and promotion on external audio platforms (iTunes, Acast, Deezer etc.)
- Foster strong audio production relationships with HarperCollins
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.