We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - With a talented,
diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family
Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly
evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty
with our readers. Our senior SEO editors work on a rota so regular evening (usually one week a
month) and weekend (usually once a month) work is essential to this exciting, rewarding role.
Day to day you will:
- Represent the department at editorial conferences, report on key search trends and give specific actions.
- Take responsibility for a specific section of the site and drive, monitor and report on SEO success.
- Ensure subject desks and SEO journalists write about SEO priorities in the most effective way andmanage their workflow.
- Make SEO recommendations to journalists on individual articles (EG headlines and keywords) - both proactively and in response to requests for help.
- Edit live articles to match SEO best practice.
- Pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics, doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events, and coming up with SEO plans.
- Use a range of analytics tools to report regularly on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic.
- Train and mentor the more junior SEO editors.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Editorial background with experience in a digital publishing environment and of reacting quickly to breaking news and changing search trends.
- Good understanding of the technical principles behind editorial SEO
- Experience of optimising websites for SEO
- Familiar with a range of SEO tools
- Experience of working within Wordpress
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice