What’s my role?
Digital Campaign Manager (12 month FTC)
What’s the purpose of this role?
You will be responsible for the delivery and management of digital advertising campaigns across News UK websites, mobile devices and tablet apps for The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun, in-line with commercial, marketing and client expectations. Campaign management, delivery, and analysis and reporting against agreed SLAs for Display and Classifieds. You will be working as part of a team, in a fast changing, sometimes pressured environment, to deliver against tight deadlines. You’ll need to liaise with various ad and creative agencies, rich media vendors plus ad platform and solution providers to deliver advertising solutions.
Basic salary is dependent on experience + 40% Commission Structure + Benefits
Who are we?
News UK is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times - as well as Unruly, a global ad tech company, and the Wireless Group, comprising of talkSPORT, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations.
Commercial, is the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial content and readership into revenue through advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives. We’re a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. We’re an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with all of our agencies & clients, offering the most creative and groundbreaking advertising campaigns, with a reach of millions. And we want you to work with us.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
- You’ll need to coordinate with team members to manage daily team workload.
- Monitoring and prioritising incoming work requests from shared mailbox.
- Receive, test, and implement advertiser creative against strict ad specs.
- You will be responsible for quality assurance: working with third-party interfaces, downloading and previewing campaign ad tags and checking image/rich media creative.
- Provide customers with reports and campaign updates on an agreed or as required basis.
- Ensure quality by enforcing standard policies and procedures.
- You will need to investigate and resolve delivery/performance issues and advise sales and management as to revenue risk.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and providing feedback on new processes, product, and tool releases that will improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintaining Internal Yield, Traffic and Sell Through monthly reports.
- In-flight optimisation of digital advertising campaigns to ensure optimum delivery of premium and programmatic inventory.
- You will be liaising as required with third party ad product suppliers, creative agencies and advertisers.
- Liaising and engaging as required with other News UK departments (including advertising sales, affiliate managers, marketing, editorial, customer insight and classified production).
- Delivery of behavioural and demographic targeting campaigns.
- You will be testing and delivery of mobile advertising campaigns.
- Testing and delivery of iPad advertising campaigns.
Who are we looking for?
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
- You will have experience working in a service organisation preferred.
- You’ll need experience with a major ad serving tool (DFP/DFA, Adform, MediaMind, Adwords, MediaPlex).
- You would have dealt with the delivery of video, mobile and app advertising.
- You will have strong technical aptitude for new and emerging technologies.
- Experience with online third party solution/ad tag providers (Sizmek, FlashTalking, Atlas Unicast, etc).
- Experience with behavioural targeting booking and management techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, and HTML required.
- Experience in buying media using a DSP (Doubleclick Bidmanager beneficial).
- At least one year experience in setting up and troubleshooting private and open market places.
- Good knowledge of using first and 3rd party data overlays in DSP and SSP environments.
- You should have a good background in RTB and can come from an agency, tech platform or publisher.
- You’ll be passionate about technology & programmatic advertising.
- Wider knowledge of other media channels and their value within the digital sphere.
- Must have the ability to extract and manipulate a variety of data for Senior Management, Sales and Finance.
- Knowledge of basic HTML and web analytics software preferred.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple teams and levels.
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide superior customer service to external and internal clients.
- You’ll need the ability to multi-task and work within a fast environment.
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills with good attention to detail.
- Outstanding teamwork, organisational and interpersonal skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project management and communication skills (verbal and written).
Experience using systems such as SalesForce, Google Ad Manager, AdPoint, Apple News, Celtra, LiveIntent.
What do we offer?
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Lucrative bonus structure
- Pension (up to 8% News UK contribution)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private healthcare
- Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Discounted book store
- Regular in-house speaker events
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice