PARTNERSHIP MANAGER - SUN RACING
What’s the purpose of this role?
The vision for Sun Racing is to lead the digital revolution of horseracing in the UK, and News Corp is seeking to appoint a Partnership Manager to be an integral part of delivering on this.
As a strong relationship builder you will always act as an ambassador of Sun Racing and News Corp and be able to adequately leverage your networks in this industry. This is your opportunity to be a game-changer in the wagering and sports betting world; working with an organisation committed to innovative technology solutions and extraordinary customer service.
Who are we?
The Sun is part of News UK (part of NewsCorp) and is the UK's most-viewed digital media site, with over 89 million page impressions and 29 million unique visitors per month. Sun Racing is seeking to add to its digital capabilities, to excite its visitors to its digital universe to become passionate about horse-racing, and to stimulate those who already are.
The company’s work environment is fast-paced and innovative; the Sun Racing team is made up of product experts, social gurus, digital savvy journalists, digital marketers, data insight analysts, and some very smart technicians and are all used to pushing boundaries. We reward rapid decision making and free thinking, and are all proud to be working on a product that is going to be unlike any other in the UK horse racing landscape.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of every partner and will identify and address any issues with these accounts
- You will be vigilant to any and all new opportunities, working collaboratively with all members of the Sun Racing team.
- As the main point of contact for all our betting partner relationships across, operations, contracts, technical requirement and financials you will ensure betting partners are fully represented, integrated and any issues are resolved.
- You will work with our partners to optimise exposure, conversion and overall profitability of our agreements with them through creating action plans and strategies where appropriate.
- You will provide in depth analysis of partner affiliate systems and internal reports to understand performance, create trends, find strengths, weaknesses and anomalies.
- You will work with the finance team on forecasting, invoicing and ensuring all monies owed are received in a timely manner.
- Perform regular sweeps to ensure all links track properly and all promotions, offers and content are up to date and accurate.
Who are we looking for?
This role calls for an ambitious professional, who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Your understanding of wagering will play to your advantage, as you explore new ways to interact and respond to our partner’s needs.
- A passionate strong team player with the ability to work with colleagues across departments and locations.
- An eye for detail, being analytical for reporting purposes to enhance the affiliate programme.
- A commercially astute and strong negotiator.
- Ability to demonstrate technically proficiency with core business IT programmes and the ability to adapt and learn new systems.
- A self-starter with the ability to thrive in fast paced and pressurised environments
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing different projects at the same time.
- Ability to constructively challenge current thinking in a manner that pushes the boundaries and creates long term competitive advantage.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to influence peers and stakeholders across the organisation.
- A creative and logical thinker, demonstrating skills in problem solving.
- Flexible approach to the changing requirements and challenges of a large international business.
- Excellent problem solver based on available information and business objectives.
- Someone who thinks ‘mobile first’.
- Ability to drive key processes such as conversion, product enhancements and marketing offers forward as well as working closely with country management.
Whilst primarily based in The Sun’s offices at London Bridge you will be required to travel within the UK frequently and internationally on occasion.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice