We are: Simply Zesty is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Simply Zesty is an award winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 22 years' experience gained across 2000+ digital projects
Job title: UX Designer / Researcher
Are you an experienced and innovative UX designer who wants to progress their career to senior designer level? Do you have a data-driven, user-centred approach to your work? Do you want to work for a vibrant, innovative, award-winning agency with an impressive client portfolio? If so, the UX designer role at Zesty might be the position for you.
Your role: You will join a team of highly technical, motivated and hardworking individuals based from our Belfast office. You will understand user requirements and client business needs and applying best practice UX principles to deliver exceptional UX outcomes for both existing and prospective Zesty clients.
Day to day you will:
- Apply a mobile-first, user-centred, data-driven design approach to producing and validating best-in-class UX design work using the most effective and up-to-date methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Carry out the research, analysis and production of UX assets, for example stakeholder and user research, persona development, competitive/comparative analysis, user journey development, IA design, wireframe prototyping and user testing.
- Research and develop new UX thinking across all primary digital platforms for the agency.
- Understand different UX methodologies and apply a well-considered UX toolkit for each client engagement.
- Champion the user’s experience throughout a project’s development, from client brief to proposed design presentation to go-live.
- Contribute to and personally attend workshops, pitches, presentations and produce UX documentation for existing and prospective clients both local and international.
- Receive, interpret, analyse and evaluate the client brief and action its progress.
- Deliver progressive, innovative solutions within the practicalities of project constraints.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are passionate about the Internet and related technologies, and the benefits that it brings to the business.
- Experience designing for the web, specialising in UX design, in a commercial, digital agency or a client-side product environment.
- You will have a high level of expertise in design tools like Adobe XD, PhotoShop, Sketch etc. as well as the ability to provide a written rationale for the approach of your design work.
- You are keen to progress and develop your technical skills.
- Full driving licence and access to a car to travel to workshops etc.
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be. In addition we are a relatively small, collaborative and very social team.
For the right person, this job represents an exciting opportunity to join a successful company and be a key player in steering its future development; to take on more responsibilities without moving away from UX Design work; and to pass on your knowledge and experience to others while also continuing to progress your own technical skills.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice