Head of Business Analysis
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an organisation that holds journalism at its very heart. Our digital products, newspapers and radio stations include some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world: The Times, Talksport, Virgin radio and The Sun - reaching 30 million people each week. Despite differences in audience and content our brands are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects our customers.
Technology, a team with people and product at our heart. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. CIO of the Year (women in technology) 2016, Christina Scott, leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
We are a fast paced, forward thinking and enjoyable place to work. Business Analysts here are at the heart of our most exciting initiatives and we are looking for the right candidate to lead the team.
Business Analysts at News UK work on a range of our projects, products and platforms, covering digital products, customer / CRM, analytics and data, publishing, advertising and enterprise areas.
As the Head of Business Analysis, you will lead the BA team ensuring the best possible outcome to our initiatives by translating business visions into requirements and successfully delivered solutions. The role is both hands on, where you will work directly on forming and delivering projects and a leadership role where you will manage and set direction for your team.
You general accountabilities will be to:
- Manage the BA team to ensure they own and manage:
- Produce quality, clear and consistent requirements throughout the project life-cycle ensuring requirement traceability from analysis through to delivery.
- Designing solutions that meet people, process and technology needs and provide a route from the As-Is to the To-Be.
- The business case validity throughout the life of the project.
- Recruit, develop and mentor the BA team, establish a suitable career development ladder and competency framework, provide the team’s pastoral care.
- Foster the Business Analysis team culture and contribute to the wider technology community at News UK.
- Establish standards and best practices for the BA team. Invest in training and development of the team to provide a range of techniques and approaches to problem solving.
- Manage the overall deployment of the BA group into our various projects and programmes. Address resource gaps and determine level of expertise required.
- Work closely with stakeholders, third parties and vendors, building relationships and achieving great internal customer satisfaction
- Lead the analysis of an a large programme stream, facilitate, capture requirements and contribute to defining solutions. Lead by example.
- Worked as a Business Analyst in IT and software development cross functional teams.
- Managed and led teams.
- Worked in the media, publishing or a similar consumer focused industry.
- Experience of the entire technology delivery lifecycle from inception to release and maintenance.
- Delivered in agile/iterative environments with experience of methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban, Lean or DSDM. Understanding of iterative product development including MVP, prototyping and lean start-up techniques.
- Awareness of industry trends - such as challenges and best practices.
- Skilled and structured in analysis; and know how, ability to use techniques such as User Stories , UML, Value stream mapping and Business Process Modelling etc.
- Strong at problem solving and able to absorb a range of sometimes conflicting requirements to narrow down potential solutions to provide options and recommendations.
- Able to use visual techniques, both in diagrams and informally on the whiteboard, that make it easier to understand and reason with difficult problems.
- Able to build strong personal relationships and trust.
- Able to facilitate disparate stakeholders and team members and drive
consensus in meetings, workshops and one to one interactions.
- A thorough, appropriate and timely communicator. Able to clearly communicate complex technical subjects to business and technology stakeholders.
- Able to sell ideas or visions. Influence and advise stakeholders at all levels and positions in the company.
- Able to manage, coach and mentor individuals on your team to develop their skills and help achieve to their highest potential.
- Passionate - about Business Analysis, technology and the solutions we are designing.
- Attention to Detail - focused on the finer details that make the difference.
- Delivery Focus - pragmatic and driven to get solutions live.
- Leadership - provide thought leadership in your area.
- A Proactive attitude - you are a self starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Positive attitude - generating enthusiasm among team members
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage business and technology expectations.
- Team player
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice