Job Title: Digital Features Writer
Department: The Sun Online
Reports to: Digital Features Editor
Purpose of role: The Sun Online’s Features desk is looking for an experienced and talented writer to join the team.
You will be required to:
- Have exceptional writing, interviewing and investigative skills, honed through previous experience.
- Be able to write sparkling copy on a variety of subjects.
- Generate ideas and have the necessary drive and journalistic skills to turn them into great features which readers will enjoy.
- Have a strong news sense and be able to write around the big stories of the day – adding context and colour beyond the basic lines.
- Thrive in a fast-paced newsroom and able to turn round a breaking story one minute and delve into an investigation the next.
- Keep on top of digital trends and spot emerging ones.
- Set up interviews and build contacts with PRs
Desired skills and experience:
- Proven experience of writing for a national newspaper or magazine
- Deep understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Unflappable under pressure and deliver work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and display a willingness to take on any task
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice