Licensing Sales Executive
We are hiring a commercially focused individual to work as a Licensing Sales Executive at News UK, publisher of titles including The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun and The Times Literary Supplement. The role’s core responsibility is to generate revenue by licensing pictures, news feeds, features, trademarks and video for use by other publishers and corporate clients.
The successful candidate will preferably have a content licensing background and they will thrive on identifying prospects and closing deals. In addition, they will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of our titles, their content and trends in the rapidly evolving media industry. The role includes a requirement to work on some weekends and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
- Drive monthly sales to achieve and exceed personal and team targets.
- Build strong relationships with clients through regular contact and meetings.
- Approaching new clients to develop fresh opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders including photographers, writers and editors to establish content rights and clearances.
- Work closely with the accounts and credit control teams.
- End to end administration of your own sales including preparation of term sheets and contracts (with the legal team) and invoicing.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven strong track record in sales including prospecting, negotiation and closing.
- Contract negotiation.
- Excellent understanding of the sales cycle, including personal and departmental performance against targets.
- Strong understanding of copyright and content licensing.
- Ability to work with CRM software and SAP an advantage.
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management platforms.
- Experience of working in content licensing for media organisations or photographic agencies.
- A network of contacts across the editorial industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Can work under pressure to ensure customer deadlines are achieved and results are delivered.
- Demonstrate strong team working skills.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice