What’s the job? Partnership Marketing Manager
Where do I work? News UK – TNL Group
Who’s my manager? Head of Partnerships
Who reports to me? n/a
What’s my personal contribution?
The Partnership Marketing Manager is an all-encompassing programme marketing management role supporting the delivery of all business and consumer subscription marketing partnerships with premium brands and businesses, with the primary goal of driving accelerated growth of TNL subscriptions both in the UK and International.
This position acts as the main marketing contact and account manager for all corporate subscription partnerships and in paper sales driving promotions.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, the core responsibility of the Partnerships Marketing Manager is to plan and execute integrated multi-channel campaigns to support all business and consumer subscription partnership campaigns and in-paper sales driving promotions.
- This is a B2B and B2C marketing role that requires an individual who has proven experience in stakeholder management and the planning and execution of multi-channel, and results driven marketing campaigns.
- This position manages the development and execution of all elements of the partner specific account plan, including campaign planning and execution, content creation, and marketing performance analysis.
- Manage all activities, timelines and deliverables to successfully launch new campaigns from new or existing partners.
- Develop a clear briefing process for partners, internal stakeholders, agencies and third party suppliers.
- To oversee the management of external agencies and suppliers in key deliverables of the partnership strategy, ensuring that The Times and Sunday Times is regarded consistently as a valuable and trusted partner to work with.
- Lead the management of the partnerships marketing budget, delivering results in line with agreed parameters at all times.
- Oversee the development of processes to evaluate partnership activity, and share learning across the department and organisation and communicate a strong understanding of the value of the activity to the business.
- Develop and own the suite of marketing sales materials for business and consumer partnerships.
- Create campaign reports for management, and regularly report results of campaigns/stats to senior management, stakeholders and partners.
- Drive on-going performance analysis and campaign evaluation, ensuring the team are fully informed and engaged in business and consumer partner renewals.
- Develop/suggest improvements to optimise campaigns, increasing customer activation and maximise media effectiveness.
- Be the lead subject matter expert within the wider marketing team for all subscription partnership campaigns.
- Delivery of casual sales promotions and managing of the relationship with established partners such as Lego and Merlin.
- Liaise with Digital Acquisition & Product and Proposition teams to ensure customer journey and tech development of corporate subscription journey is optimised and maximised.
- To ensure that all partnerships are on brand, excel in customer experience - seeking to consistently over satisfy and delight our customers.
- Lead and drive a team culture in which innovative mechanics and partnerships that challenge convention are sought, delivering step changes in the offerings to our customers and the way in which we view promotional value
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in marketing, including experience in account management and campaign planning.
- Experience of working in Partnership marketing and a very good understanding of the principles of partnership marketing.
- Outstanding project/time management and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Experience of working in a subscription based industry or loyalty programme is desired but not essential.
- Proven track record of delivering successful partnership marketing campaigns.
- Good working knowledge of online marketing, including paid digital, SEO, social media, CRM and content marketing.
- Proficient in MS Office, with a special emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Display thought leadership, innovation and best practice in partnership marketing.
- Collaborative team player – able to demonstrate working with teams across the business to deliver valuable partnership campaigns and integrated plans in line with overall marketing strategies
- Effective communicator, with great listening, influencing and persuading skills.
- Able to see the bigger picture and think of new and better ways to achieve end goals.
- Positive, enthusiastic and open to ideas. Ability to lift the team with their optimistic can-do attitude.
- Ability to influence and present to senior editorial and marketing stakeholders.
- Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments.
- Ability to delegate and maintain high standards of delivery and execution.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website: Privacy Notice