Job Title Management Accountant – Local Radio
Line Manager Senior Management Accountant - Local Radio
Direct Reports None
Primary responsibilities are the management accounting for local radio stations within the Wireless Group, providing financial leadership through the provision of financial and operational reporting, guidance and a sound system of internal control.
- Ensure the provision of high quality financial and management information and reports that allow for improved decision-making and performance tracking, and which comply with local, Group and statutory reporting needs and accounting policies;
- Weekly P&L reporting
- Monthly calculation and management of prepayments, accruals, fixed assets and other control accounts;
- Preparation of Management Accounts to tight deadlines;
- Analyse and report on trends, variances and performance issues;
- Forecasting of monthly revenues for the local radio stations, on a weekly basis;
- Conduct monthly meetings with key stakeholders, at the radio stations, to discuss the Management Accounts;
- Balance sheet management including monthly reconciliations;
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting for the local stations;
- Management of one off projects arising from change in accounting systems and to improve previous processes;
- Assist with the provision of finance and decision support to the business stakeholders;
- Royalty and other reporting to regulators and third parties.
- Qualified Accountant or Finalist – ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Knowledge of Radio/Media industry preferred
- Experience of Budget Preparation
- Good IT proficiency including Excel & Other MS Office Packages
- SAP accounting experience beneficial
- TM1 experience beneficial
- Analytical and enquiring mind
- Good communicator
- Attention to detail
- Professional and confidential
- The role is primarily based in Peterborough, although the candidate should be open to travel occasionally where required.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.