Job Title - Receptionist / Office Administrator
Line Manager - Office Manager
We are looking to recruit someone with excellent communication skills to act as ambassador for News UK manning the front desk in our Peterborough office. The ideal candidate will provide a comprehensive, professional receptionist service whilst undertaking a range of administrative tasks.
- Meet and greet visitors whilst maintaining security by controlling access to the building.
- Provide support to Office Manager, assisting in ad hoc tasks and providing holiday cover when necessary.
- Maintain visitor records.
- Management of Select Alarm Monitoring system, issuing of staff passes and implementing any changes to access levels whilst ensuring records are kept up to date and security standards are adhered to.
- Liaison with suppliers and contribute towards cost saving initiatives.
- Process incoming and outgoing post.
- Produce and distribute internal comms.
- Management and coordination of all onsite meeting rooms including the coordination of facilities and refreshments when required.
- Coordination of onsite distribution lists ensuring any changes are effective immediately.
- Ensure Fleet House headcount records remain up to date.
- Prepare Induction Packs for new starters and process leavers.
- Handling general enquiries, directing to the relevant business area.
- Organising ad hoc courier deliveries/distributions.
- Scanning and filing when necessary.
- Assist in the organisation of staff events.
- Organise business travel and accommodation when required.
- General administration duties and coordination to assist in ensuring the site is managed effectively and proactively.
- Ensure Reception area remains clean and tidy.
- Liaison with Cleaners and Security to provide daily handovers.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role.
- Confident user of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Communication and interpersonal skills – both verbally and written.
- Professional, presentable and flexible in their approach.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage expectations when faced with conflicting demands.
- Team player with can-do attitude.
- Willingness to identify and implement improvements to ways of working.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.