Who we are
Here at News UK we’re driving business forward through our talented technologists and are looking for Business Analyst to join our expanding Programme team aligned to The Times. At the Times we are pushing the boundaries, embracing new technologies whilst remembering old traditions.
What you’ll do
You’ll work closely with dedicated cross functional development teams and product teams to deliver world class digital products.
Support the Product manager in creating ongoing prioritised roadmaps of work which drive value for the business with a focus on defining and then measuring their success.
Contribute to the design and implementation of functional, user-focused digital customer experiences across various digital platforms to deliver compelling, commercially viable digital products across multiple platforms and channels.
Work closely with your agile development team and key stakeholders to identify the best technology, create epics and user stories, identify sprint goals and incrementally achieve the best quality outcome.
Skills and Attributes we look for
Your personality is as important to us as your skill set, we’re a passionate bunch who are curious, brave and optimistic and so look for like minded people who will enjoy working with us.
It’s also important that you have a range of skills from a business or IT analyst background and can demonstrate:
- A strong track record in building digital products and utilising agile methodologies
- Structured analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Believe in Agile and have worked with Agile development teams using Scrum or Kanban. It would be even better if you’ve used agile management tools, preferably JIRA.
- Requirements elicitation, analysis and process modelling
- Appreciation of prototyping techniques along with A/B testing and user testing practices
- Ability to visualise as is and to be states
- Experience of agile business analysis techniques such as user stories and an understanding of digital product development processes
- Be a natural facilitator, who can see the bigger picture and challenge assumptions. With a commitment to deliver value in the business
Last but not least experience of one or more of the following would be great but not essential:
Business Analysts at News UK work on a range of projects, products and platforms, covering customer / CRM, analytics, publishing, advertising, digital, business intelligence, business development and enterprise areas.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.