Video Script Writer - (Casual Shifts Only, Immediate Start)
Our aim is to produce unmissable showbiz video content for all The Sun’s digital platforms.
In this role you'll identify great stories, images and pictures which The Sun audience will love.
You will write and produce content in a way that translates to social video too.
The successful applicant will be a snappy script writer, brimming with production ideas. They'll have a knack for understanding what works well in video. Experience of working in a similar, fast paced newsroom environment would be an advantage.
- Turn round script copy and select images for 'captioned video' content quickly and accurately
- Identify stories and subjects which will drive people to watch
- Work as part of a team of writers and editors with the ability to direct production efficiently.
- Have an instinct for how to ‘sell’ a story to get maximum impact on The Sun’s platforms and also on social
- Be able to write in a concise and entertaining way in keeping with The Sun style but free from cliché
- You'll demonstrate experience of writing and producing video content in a similar environment
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of trends, showbiz, TV current affairs
- Recognising and act upon any potential legal issues
- Self-starter that has a nose for a story and a determination to succeed
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.