Social Media Programming Producer (talkSPORT/talkRADIO)
This is an exciting time for Wireless as we are now looking to develop a new team of Social Media Content experts to assist us in showcasing talkSPORT and talkRADIO on all digital platforms, through the power of Social media in the form of Video and podcast broadcasting.
The successful candidate will be passionate about digital content, the power of social media and possess an expert knowledge of networks including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and YouTube, as well as a relentless work ethic and a keen eye for how social media can be used to reach new audiences and build community and loyalty amongst existing fans.
You will manage live interactive and digital elements of our broadcasts, source and create pertinent digital content and live insights from social media for use on-air, work with producers, our digital editorial team and designers to engage the audience and promote talkSPORT programming (And relevant programming from its sister stations).
The goal of the role is to:
- Drive more engagement and connection between the social channels and the on-air programming
- Work on-site to produce bespoke social media content (a lot of which will be video), including live broadcasts with our key on-air talent
- Liaising with on-air producers, presenters and digital editors to plan and execute digitally focussed radio features that engage both listeners and online users
- Driving traffic to talkSPORT.com with particular focus on tie-ins with our most popular on-air shows, station events and promotions
You'll be experienced in writing for the web and creating engaging feature content in a busy environment often to tight deadlines.
You must be:
- Experienced working within Media/Broadcasting or Creative agencies carrying out a similar role
- A punchy wordsmith who can make an impact, using two words or 20
- Skilled in capturing video content and produce edits that will work on each of the key social channels
- Ability to provide examples or Portfolio of work.
- Expert social media authority who understands the difference between brilliant and ordinary content
- Creative thinker who can adapt quickly to any given situation
- Willingness to work to a flexible rota dictated by a schedule of events, both at the talkSPORT/ talkRADIO studio and at live OBs (OB experience preferable)
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.