Job Title: Video assistant
Department: The Sunday Times
Reports to: Digital Content Editor
We are looking for a video assistant to join the Sunday Times Style team. The successful candidate will be passionate about video, digital and bursting with content ideas, as well as hardworking and efficient.
Working with the digital content editor, you will be planning, project managing, shooting and editing for video channel Style Play as well as making sure video is promoted effectively on a daily basis.
TASK: Select a video from Style Play and tell us how you would have shot and edited it and submit a compelling thumbnail image to go with it. Please submit your showreel with your application.
- Pitching video ideas daily for socially shareable video, as well as planning and project managing for video channel Style Play, which features a new video every day.
- Uploading and optimising video content on Style Play and across social channels to help build a Sunday Times Style video proposition.
- You will be part of the idea generation process and sit with the teams who are editing the magazine and website.
Key Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years proven experience ideally including video production qualifications
- Excellence in camera skills, using DSLR cameras – you will be the primary camera operator on video shoots
- Proficiency in lighting, using LED panel lights and other lighting techniques
- Proficiency in audio production - you will record your own sound in most situations
- Demonstrated creativity in editing on Adobe Premiere Pro – what do you use here?
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, as required for post-production of editorial video
- Must submit a show reel of work on application.
- You should be comfortable in a quick-turnaround environment.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- First-class communication skills - can communicate effectively with all levels of seniority across the paper and with external contacts
- Displays an enthusiastic, can do, flexible attitude, especially when facing challenges
- Adapts easily to changing priorities
- Works exceptionally hard, is punctual and is always prepared to put in extra time and effort where necessary
- Keen to embrace extra responsibilities
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Works effectively and calmly under pressure
- Gains respect of work colleagues and is approachable
- Is prepared to work with other team members
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.