Role Title: Sales & Distribution Analyst
Location: Broxbourne - LSC
This role provides a key service to the business, tracking KPIs and influencing retail level allocation across the UK and Ireland. Reporting comprises a combination of regular performance reports alongside proactive planning of future opportunities. Attention to detail and a continuous improvement ethic are essential to ensure performance is consistently seen as world class.
The role will also act as an analytical specialist for the Logistics team and provide support to their line manager in upskilling colleagues and reviewing processes in associated teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide regular insight on allocation performance across key regions, shop types, seasonal profiles
- Investigate areas of allocation inefficiency to drive corrective actions
- Review performance of sales driving activity to determine sales benefits and allocation efficiency, driving future decisions
- Share knowledge of sales performance and value of allocation with key stakeholders
- Modelling impacts of changes in publisher targets e.g. waste policy
- Lead reporting efficiency for the team, building Tableau workbooks
- Support the delivery of optimised reporting solutions for wider Logistics teams that drive improvements through all functions
- Provide tracking of wholesale & retail influence on supply allocation
- Proactively influence wholesalers / internal distribution teams, to improve efficiency of input to supply allocation
- Provide support and holiday cover for other members of the allocation team, including setting supplies of relevant titles
- Provide support and representation for line manager as required
- Conduct adhoc analysis, investigations or trials as required by Head of Retail Demand Planning
- Project Support
- To investigate and conclude queries received from internal or external stakeholders
- Excel skills are required to be at a strong to advanced level
- Tableau skills preferred
- SAP BW or similar system usage advantageous
- Strong analytical skills, both for regular reporting and adhoc investigation of performance
- Good communicator - able to concisely communicate key highlights from analysis
- Experience of the newspaper or magazine industry and advantage but not essential
- Problem solving mindset, able to use data to determine actions to improve performance
- High level of personal drive and initiative with the ability to achieve goals
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.