What’s the job? Brand and Audience Development Executive, The Times and The Sunday Times
Where do I work? News UK – Sales and Marketing, The News Building
What’s my personal contribution?
To be responsible for the execution of best-in-class BTL activity in paper, online and on social to drive brand value and develop new audiences. To support the Brand Manager, Audience Development Manager and Commercial Marketing Manager to implement the annual marketing plans, contributing to the future direction and ongoing success of The Times & The Sunday Times brands.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Be a brand guardian for The Times and The Sunday Times across UK, Scotland, Ireland and International.
- To execute all fast-turnaroundBTL brand projects:
- Coordinating media and press plans, as appropriate
- Managing creative development process from briefing to delivery
- Ensuring delivery on time and in budget
- Ensure buy-in and oversee sign off from senior management, editorial and legal
- Assist the Brand Manager with the development and implementation of campaigns working closely with all areas of the TNL marketing team
- Support the audience team with management of paid campaigns including:
- Monitor articles on The Times and The Sunday Times website daily and become skilled at predicting what content will do well on the different social platforms and which audiences to serve our adverts to
- Work to a set cost per acquisition and continually monitor campaigns to achieve desired KPIs
- Planning, analysing, optimising and reporting across Facebook, Twitter Instagram and Linkedin
- Coordinate and present consistent regular campaign reporting and post-campaign reviews to inform and improve future activity
- Assist the Commercial Marketing Manager with the development and implementation of campaigns & creative working closely with the TNL commercial team and agency involved.
- Administration of team activity, including:
- POs and invoices
- Managing marketing guard book
- Management of house advertising in newspaper, on web and apps
- Keep up to date with industry new platforms and initiatives to become an industry expert and report back the business
What experience and skills do I need?
- Has worked with media and creative agencies
- Has managed the end-to-end campaign process from briefing and feeding back through to delivery
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting of results to build learnings to apply to future activity
- Stakeholder management, building strong relationships and ensuring stakeholders are kept happy and expectations are managed
- Ability to operate within a matrix environment
- Budget management
- Understand the role of social media in a publishing environment and be confident in executing digital campaigns and optimising to achieve set targets and KPIs
- Ability to analyse complex data and produce reports that can be disseminated at all levels across the business
- Communications skills including PowerPoint and presenting
What do I Show?
- Is proactive and uses initiative to ever improve processes, marketing activity and results
- Is flexible and adaptable to change
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Has a positive, “can-do” attitude
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.