Product Service Owner
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an organisation that holds journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world: the Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun - reaching 30 million people each week. Despite differences in audience and content our brands are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects our customers.
A team with people and product at our heart. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. CTO of the Year (tech leaders awards 2017), Christina Scott, leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
You will join the digital platform’s team who are responsible for high standards of support for News UK’s production digital systems, a team player you can influence and drive operational success. Focussing on The Times and The Sunday Times product suite. You will be responsible for continuous service improvement and the management of changes affecting the services under your care.
Here you’ll work with engineering leads, the SRE team and Product owners. As you work with the business and technology you’ll be great at building relationships and will champion a collaborative working style.
Day to day you will:
- Ensure high standards of support for production systems by establishing and maintaining the support levels of the service through key internal stakeholders, product managers and other third parties, ensuring all solutions are proactively monitored, reported on, and that support can be provided to the agreed service requirements, 24 x 7 or as agreed.
- Resolution of all production incidents and problem activities across the News UK Digital infrastructure and application technology stack, making sure critical system fixes can be developed and released quickly, efficiently and safely
- Manage the Operational requirements backlog with the relevant Engineering team and coordinate with Scrum Masters and Product Managers to prioritise Operational requirements
- Be part of a culture of continuous improvement, helping drive the technology department and its partners to provide efficient, high quality and cost effective solution development and service delivery, supporting an Agile development methodology and a DevOps approach
You’ll be a natural problem solver with a real passion for technology and the News UK brands. An excellent communicator with an eye for detail enabling you to engage with stakeholders and third party partners. As this is a troubleshooting role it goes without saying that you’ll approach tasks with optimism. You’ll be a natural finisher and work well under pressure whilst maintaining high standards. Whist your curiosity means you question the norm and always look to improve standards.
The skills we look for:
- Experience of supporting business critical applications
- Understanding of SAAS based Application Performance tools
- Ideally you’ll have an understanding of dynamic websites delivered through enterprise level CMS.
- Knowledge of Agile processes
- Understanding of Web technologies
- Exposure to Incident Ticketing systems
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.