Logistics Finance Analyst
The role is based within the Newsprinters Finance Team in Peterborough, reporting to the Production & Logistics Finance Manager.
The principal responsibility of the role is accounting for Logistics costs within Newsprinters.
- Weekly reporting of revenues and costs, for both direct costs and overheads
- Monthly review of cost centres
- Ownership of the P&L month end process
- Preparation of budget and outlooks
- Ongoing review of allowances and reporting of utilisation
- Validation of route to market strategy - current and future
- International distribution calculation for budget and outlooks
- Headcount reporting
- Input into the monthly Logistics cost management meeting
- Continuous review of financial information to ensure it is appropriate and relevant
- Ongoing support across the Logistics team including site visits
- Business support across Logistics on new initiatives
Technical skill requirement:
- Qualification & Experience - AAT qualified (or equivalent), actively studying the early stages of ACCA/CIMA professional examinations with at least 2 years relevant work experience
- Analysis - strong analysis and data interpretation skills, underpinned by system skills (including Excel)
- Reporting & Compliance - ability to identify key performance indicators, adherence to reporting timetables and adoption of processes
Personal attributes required:
- Communicating & Influencing:
- ability to convey relevant information accurately and on a timely basis to all stakeholders
- a good team player with the ability to communicate across the Finance team, maintaining effective working relationships
- Relationship Management - ability to build and maintain effective working relationship with all stakeholders
- Willingness to challenge existing practice and implement change
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.