What’s the job? Audience Development Executive, The Times and The Sunday Times
What’s my personal contribution?
To be responsible for the execution of The Times and The Sunday Times’ audience development strategy across all paid platforms to drive brand value and develop new audiences. To support the Audience Development Manager in building relationships with key stakeholders in the business, using analytics to inform results and contributing to the future direction and ongoing success of the The Times & The Sunday Times brands.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for growing for The Times and The Sunday Times audience across UK, Scotland, Ireland and International.
- Day-to-day management of paid social campaigns to develop new audiences:
- Monitor articles on The Times and The Sunday Times website daily and become skilled at predicting what content will do well on the different social platforms and which audiences to serve our adverts to
- Work to a set cost per acquisition and continually monitor campaigns to achieve desired KPIs
- Always lead with 'content first approach' and be confident managing large budgets and producing adverts at scale
- Liaising with technology partners as well as internal stakeholders to ensure accurate execution
- Planning, analysing, optimising and reporting across Facebook, Twitter Instagram and LinkedIn
- To coordinate and present consistent regular campaign reporting and post-campaign reviews to inform and improve future activity
- Administration of team activity, including POs and invoices
- Keep up to date with new platforms and initiatives to become an industry expert and report back the business
What experience and skills do I need?
- Has at least one year’s experience running large scale paid campaigns across social media
- Has managed the end-to-end campaign process from briefing and feeding back through to delivery
- Has a strong grasp of written English and excellent communications skills including PowerPoint and presenting
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting of results to apply to future activity
- Stakeholder management, building strong relationships and ensuring stakeholders’ are kept happy and expectations are managed
- Ability to operate within a matrix environment
- Budget management
- Understand the role of social media in a publishing environment and be confident in executing digital campaigns and optimising to achieve set targets and KPIs
- Ability to analyse complex data and produce reports that can be disseminated at all levels across the business
What do I Show?
- Is proactive and uses initiative to ever improve processes, marketing activity and results
- Is flexible and adaptable to change
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Has a positive, “can-do” attitude
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.