Deputy Snapchat Editor
The Sun Digital is looking for a deputy editor to join our team publishing a daily edition of The Sun on Snapchat Discover.
You’ll be working with and briefing our team of graphic designers to bring stories to life with the fun, vibrant visuals that follow the signature Sun Snapchat style.
You’ll also be sourcing and choosing the stories everyone will be talking about.
We’re a digital edition so we straddle the line between a website and a newspaper – the right candidate needs to be able to predict the news but also develop today’s news stories into tomorrow’s features.
Our readers want to be entertained and informed. They put their trust in us every day to bring them the most up-to-date, accurate and exclusive showbiz news, trending features and viral videos.
- Solid experience of writing and editing copy in a variety of styles for a publisher
- Ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- A flair for story-telling and an eye for good design
- Experience of Snapchat, at least as a user, and a strong understanding of The Sun's Snapchat style
- Ability to take responsibility for briefing and approving editions
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
- Photoshop and After Effects a bonus but not a necessity
- Passion for not just the brand but engaging our community of young readers
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.