What is the job?
HR Administrator - Policy, Immigration, Employment Contracts & Screening
Where do I work?
News UK - Peterborough
Who is my manager?
Operational HR Manager - Policy, Immigration, Employment Contracts & Screening
Who reports to me?
No direct reports
Why are we here?
Our HR Operations teams deliver expertise on HR Administration, Compliance, HR Data, Talent Resourcing and Learning & Development to our customers across the News UK business.
We achieve this through specialist knowledge of our area and by taking ownership of the customer experience. We implement solutions which meet the business’s needs, protect the business from risk and deliver a good customer experience.
How do we contribute?
The Policy, Immigration, Employment Contracts & Screening team offers expertise on all policies, employment screening and contracts of employment for employees. We also offer expertise in matters of UK immigration.
We ensure compliance is at the centre of all our activities. We assist the business in communicating to our people what policy standards and behaviours are expected and we help to establish and embed consistent processes and ways of working.
What is my personal contribution?
- The HR Administrator takes responsibility for the overall customer experience
- Ensuring that all employee contracts are issued in a timely, consistent manner and employment screening is completed to a satisfactory level within probation
- Providing specialist administrative support for all policy and immigration matters
- Supporting the on-going policy governance framework through the drafting of policy revisions, publication of approved policies and maintenance of all records
- Supporting the implementation of policy changes
- Supporting compliance with our immigration obligations through maintaining and implementing a schedule of activities and records
What are my accountabilities?
- Producing and issuing offer letters, contracts of employment and new starter packs for all new starters (and contractual changes where appropriate) in line with Company policy and procedure
- Providing proactive advice and guidance to our customers on contractual terms
- Maintaining stocks of new starter packs
- Ensuring new starter details are accurately recorded in SAP
- Maintaining all employment contract templates ensuring that any changes are accurately and consistently updated
- Liaising with HRBPs to help identify where a new employment contract is appropriate for employees undergoing a contractual change
- Managing the day to day activities of the company’s employment screening processes
- Facilitating the progress of all employment screening cases and ensuring the appropriate level of screening is completed for all new employees within probation
- Escalating any employment screening matters to the relevant person in line with internal processes
- Providing administrative support to the Operational HR Manager for maintaining the Policies and Procedures intranet site (including drafting of policy revisions as required)
- Updating relevant forms on the policy intranet in line with policy changes
- Managing and monitoring the migrant worker database. This includes ensuring compliance packs are kept up to date, working with the team to further develop the monitoring processes, conducting audits as required
- Providing administrative support to the Operational HR Manager for activities and processes which ensure the company meets its sponsor licence duties.
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Maintaining thorough and accurate records of all employment contracts issued ensuring a clear audit trail
- Maintaining thorough and accurate records of any changes to employment contract templates
- Maintaining records of Company standard terms and conditions
- Maintaining thorough and accurate records of employment screening matters raised, process followed and decisions made
- Maintaining compliance documents and activities including:
- audit trails for approvals, publication dates and details of policy changes
- quarterly policy email to contractors
- policy and training communications forecast
- policy hierarchy documents
General HR Administration
- Providing advice and assistance to our customers
- Providing input into continuous improvement of all HR processes and protocols ensuring that established processes are followed
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements are met where they exist
- Escalating complex issues as applicable
What do I need to know?
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Intermediate Word
- Intermediate Excel
- General knowledge of UK employment law
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
What do I show?
- Strong customer focus
- Passion for service delivery
- A collaborative approach
- An organised and independent working approach
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to question and challenge appropriately
- Initiative to research issues and solve problems independently
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.