Job Title: PA – Finance Administrator
Line Manager: Finance Director, Group Finance & Strategy
Direct Reports: None
Purpose of Role:
Provide support to 5 Finance Directors and provide administrative assistance to the London Finance Team.
Responsibilities - PA Assistance - Finance Directors
PA Assistance – Finance Directors
- Maintain and organise diaries for 5 Finance Directors; planning and scheduling appointments, meetings, breakfast, lunch, dinner venues, responding promptly to meeting requests
- Arrange travel/accommodation – taxis / trains / flights within the UK/Overseas
- Screen and track emails where appropriate and advise of impending deadlines
- Fielding telephone calls, respond to all callers in an efficient, timely and professional manner, taking/relaying messages promptly and accurately
- Maintain an efficient filing system; organise confidential and other sensitive information, keeping files up-to-date and archiving as appropriate.
- Organisation of internal/external meetings, booking meeting rooms, video/conference calls, catering/hospitality arrangements
- Meet/Greet external visitors
- Create regular expense claims, maintaining accurate records
- Maintain sickness and absence records
- Process expenses for approval by Management team
- Process and code invoices for payment, producing new supplier forms when required
- Maintain office supplies, dealing with Procurement, Tech Bar and Post Room, Ordering of stationary
- Assist with the creation of reports and presentations
- Undertake the formatting/binding of budget and forecast books to agreed deadlines
- Distribution of weekly Finance Report as required
- Organising adhoc courier deliveries / distribution
- Distribution of post
- Ensuring Finance London Organisational Charts are kept up to date
- Organise and co-ordinate department events, eg Training sessions, Volunteer Days, Offsite activities
- Organise paperwork for new starters/leavers – arrange desk moves etc
- Work collaboratively with other Executives and their EA’s to plan meetings and ensure deadlines are met.
- Liaise with wider administration functions across News UK where appropriate
- Provide cover for the CFO’s EA, as and when required
- Undertake any other general administration duties and co-ordination ensuring the FDs/Finance Department are managed effectively and proactively.
- Joint responsibility for creation and maintenance of the Finance intranet page. This involves suggesting topics of interest for publication, co-ordinating inputs from the Finance team, and liaising with Corporate Affairs department to ensure information is provided to them on a timely basis.
- Working in a fast paced environment, being proactive and anticipating the needs of the FD’s and Finance Teams
- Able to manage a varied workload without supervision
- Trust and discretion with confidential information and data
- Computer literate and highly proficient in MS applications, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Advanced); use of Google mail
- Knowledge of SAP would be desirable
- Diary management experience
- Ability to handle tasks both proactively and efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Able to interact positively at all levels within the company and a good team player
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Able to demonstrate excellent client/customer facing skills
- Dynamic and able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Possess an awareness of the importance of confidential information and how to deal with it; operates with a high level of personal confidentiality
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in an organisational setting
- Can clearly explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution where appropriate
- Methodical approach to work, with a strong focus on organisational ability, accuracy and a pride in the quality of work
- Able to remain calm while under pressure – particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Has a 'can do' approach and works to exceed expectations
- Able to work under pressure to tight project deadlines and can adapt to differing demands; prioritises tasks, where appropriate
- Is able to work well unsupervised, demonstrating initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions and provide support to the Finance Directors and the wider Finance team
- Complies with the Company's policies and other legal obligations
- Able to be an ambassador for News UK, being professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
- Communicating & Influencing
- Relationship Management
- Highly Confidential
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.