What’s the job? E-Commerce Writer
Where do I work? News UK, The Bridge (Commercial), London
Who’s my Manager? E-Commerce Editor
What is the goal of this role?
The E-Commerce writer will support the E-Commerce editor to deliver commerce content across The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun. Liaising closely with the digital editors and the Head of Branded Content, the writer will be responsible for delivering editorially led news and lifestyle content (informed by SEO and social insight) specifically written for affiliates, ensuring content is always on-brand and relevant.
With a goal to increase conversions and ultimately revenue, the e-commerce writer will work seamlessly with both editorial and commercial teams to delivery commercially viable content.
What are my accountabilities?
- Work closely with the E-Commerce Editor to create and deliver e-commerce content across News UK digital properties.
- To analyse insight from proper
- To write and edit commerce content, using conversion analytics and insight to test and learn content forms and direction
- To deliver a traffic target alongside a revenue target, in line with editorial and commercial objectives
- The exploration of new revenue streams and verticals
- To implement best practice across the business
Who are my contacts?
- Head of Branded Content
- E-Commerce Editor
- Digital Editorial Team
What kind of Candidate are we Looking for?
You are a proactive and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You tackle difficult challenges head-on and find creative, strategic solutions. You pay attention to details, communicate clearly, speak articulately, and write thoughtfully. You are an adaptable and quick learner who finds enjoyment in problem solving.
What experience must I have?
- 1-2 years experience in a digital newsroom
- Experience writing and editing commerce content, with a vested interest in commercial editorial strategy
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with the titles, their content and writing style
- Knowledge of content creation informed by SEO and social
- Experience using web analytics platforms such as Omniture, Simple Reach and Google Analytics.
- Previous experience demonstrating the ability to build and develop relationships and collaborate across a wide-range of stakeholders across the business
- Open to new ideas and entrepreneurial work style.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.