What’s the job? E-Commerce Editor
Where do I work? News UK, The Bridge (Commercial), London
Who reports to me? E-Commerce Writer x 2
Who’s my Manager? Head of Branded Content
What is the goal of this role?
The E-Commerce editor will be responsible for commerce content strategy and delivery across The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun. Liaising closely with the digital editors and the Head of Branded Content, the editor will be responsible for delivering editorially led news and lifestyle content specifically written for affiliates, ensuring content is always on-brand and relevant. With a goal to increase conversions and ultimately revenue, the e-commerce editor will work seamlessly with both editorial and commercial teams to implement e-commerce strategy.
This job is a hands-on role, liaising closely with the Head of Branded Content, the Affiliate Partnerships Lead and Editorial.
What are my accountabilities?
- Work closely with the Head of Branded Content to create and delivery e-commerce strategy across News UK digital properties.
- To write and edit commerce content, using conversion analytics and insight to test and learn content forms and direction
- To deliver a traffic target alongside a revenue target, in line with editorial and commercial objectives
- To manage two commerce journalists, ensuring traffic and revenue targets are being met
- Responsible for affiliate conversions and revenue target
- The exploration of new revenue streams and verticals
- To implement best practice across the business
- Ownership for end-to-end workflow of ecommerce implementation
- Manage relationships with affiliate partners, and identify new revenue streams
Who are my contacts?
- Head of Branded Content
- Digital Editorial Team
- Digital Ad Operations Team
What kind of Candidate are we Looking for?
You are a proactive and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You tackle difficult challenges head-on and find creative, strategic solutions. You pay attention to details, communicate clearly, speak articulately, and write thoughtfully. You are an adaptable and quick learner who finds enjoyment in problem solving.
What experience must I have?
- 3-5 years experience in a digital newsroom
- Experience writing and editing commerce content, with a vested interest in commercial editorial strategy
- Experience using web analytics platforms such as Omniture, Simple Reach and Google Analytics.
- Previous experience demonstrating the ability to build and develop relationships and collaborate across a wide-range of stakeholders across the business
- Open to new ideas and entrepreneurial work style.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.