What’s the job? Content Creator – sun.co.uk
Where do I work? News UK – NGN Marketing
Who’s my manager? Content Marketing Editor
This role will initially be for 6 months with the potential to go full time after 12 months
What’s my personal contribution?
The role suits a forward-thinking, early-adopting digital journalist who is on top of key trends both on and off-platform and has a passion for any Food and Drink, Entertainment, Fashion & Beauty or Travel.
Brimming with innovative ideas for both editorial and the video, the successful candidate will have a proven ability to deliver stories that are capable of engaging mass audiences.
They will produce and create editorial content for the new content marketing department, an exciting new team which is looking to use key content pillars to help engage customers with owned products
Their work will ensur consistency of tone, output and brand values around our family value and lifestyle pillars and the role will involve writing regular articles for sun.co.uk, coming up with ideas for features and video across all platforms.
The applicant will have a keen understanding of how to distribute content across social media platforms and will be responsible for delivering key marketing messages within their content.
This role is perfect for young and ambitious digital-first journalists who, if good enough, will be given lots of support and responsibility to help drive the future strategy of the team.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Creating regular day-to-day features and news stories around key content pillars
- Writing funny and engaging copy in line with brand tone of voice
- Working with editors to formulate & deliver content plans around key dates
- Using content to raise awareness of our brand extensions (£9.50 hols, Sun Savers, Sun Bingo)
- Working closely with social and video to create cross-platform ideas and campaign messages
- Delivery of editorial requirements from key commercial briefs
- Delivery of marketing content within emails & push notifications
- Using analytics and data to shape content decision-making
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong writer and proven digital content creator
- Confident journalist who can contribute in editorial conference
- Self-reliant: you need to be able to start and finish your own ideas
- Proven expertise in at least two of the following areas: Travel, Entertainment, Food & Drink, Fashion & Beauty
- Experience of working in a national digital media environment
- Socially savvy with an understanding of what makes good off-platform content
- Excellent news judgement and understands what works for the sun.co.uk audience
- Understanding of what makes an engaging online feature
- Good knowledge of formats & content types that work in an online environment
- Experience with digital CMS and working in a fast-paced content or publishing team
- Experience and proficiency with Photoshop a bonus
- Video experience a bonus
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.