What’s the job? Social Partnerships Lead
Where do I work? Digital Strategy & Partnerships team @ the Bridge (News UK Commercial)
Who’s my Manager? Head of Mobile & Video
What is the goal of this role?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Social Salesperson to lead the social partnerships strategy within the Digital Strategy and Partnerships team within the Bridge, News UK’s commercial department.
Working closely with the Head of Branded content and the Head of Mobile & Video this person will be responsible for developing a rolling social platform revenue stream across all News UK and Wireless brands. They will lead ‘on-social’ only partnerships across Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, twitter & Pinterest and develop new innovative opportunities, partnership and products across emerging social platforms.
What are my accountabilities?
- Lead off platform Social sales within all client categories and agency groups
- Develop a leading monetisation strategy for News UK organic audiences.
- Work with Head of Branded Content to recruit Social influencers and in the creation of a social talent network
- Support the Head of Mobile & Video on social product innovation & 3rd party revenue development
- Support the Head of Mobile & Video with social platform partnership account management including Snapchat and Facebook Instant Articles
- Development of social trading models
- Work closely with AIA (the Bridge’s analytics & insights team) to analyse and present regular Social listening insights & platform trends to internal stakeholders in hopes of leveraging these for commercial revenue growth.
- Development of brand social publishing partnerships.
- Grow share of revenue from agency and client-direct social budgets.
- Development of incremental revenue streams across all major social platforms, including: Facebook Messenger, Facebook Live, Instagram stories, Snapchat Discover, and Brand publishing
NEWS UK ORG
- Director of Digital Strategy & Partnerships
- Head of Branded Content
- Heads of Social (Editorial)
- Client partnerships team
- Digital Ad Operations Team
What kind of Candidate are we Looking for?
You are a proactive and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, media environment. You tackle difficult challenges head-on and find creative, strategic solutions. You pay attention to the detail, communicate clearly, speak articulately, and write thoughtfully. You are adaptable and a quick learner who finds enjoyment in seeking out new business opportunities and closing deals.
What experience must I have?
- Experience of and expert understanding of social landscape
- Proven experience of social platform sales and ability to develop client partnerships
- Highly commercial and analytical, with demonstrated understanding of the underlying economic metrics involved in social conversion
- A strong strategic mind with a proven success in driving incremental partnership revenue.
- Creative thinker with ability to build a compelling proposition to influence internally and externally
- Strong ability and motivation to work to exceed revenue targets
- A passion for Innovation, unafraid to be bold and brave to grow revenue
- Sales and account management experience & excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in commercial contract management
- Excellent written & presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.