What’s the job? Programmatic Analyst
Where do I work? News UK Commercial, London
Who’s my manager? Head of Revenue Operations
Who reports to me? N/A
What is the goal of this role?
The objective of this role is to support and maintain commercial analytics for the commercial sales team. This will require experience and knowledge of working with a variety of platforms including SSPs, DMPs, Ad Servers and Databases. The role aims to provide commercial insight and guidance through statistical analysis and to track performance across our business.
The role will work closely with a number of teams including the sales team, revenue operations and ad operations teams. Support will be given to these teams by providing actionable insight for pitches and optimisations. Additionally the role will also provide insight on our data offering to build and promote more robust and accurate audience segments in our DMP.
What are my accountabilities?
- Maintain weekly commercial reporting
- Create on demand reports to support sales teams
- Track spend patterns by agency and clients
- Work with the Yield and Pricing Manager to enhance our reporting systems
- Provide insight into SSP set up and advise on optimisations
- Work with Operations team to advise on optimisations
- Ensure that third party partners are running in the most efficient way
- Maintain inventory forecasting for core audience segmentations
- Work with revenue operations to identify and enhance key audience segments
- Highlight areas for growth and work with the team to track revenue changes and growth
- Provide insights for brief responses for sales and marketing requirements
Who are my contacts?
- Yield and Pricing manager
- Sales teams
- Strategy team
- Revenue Operations team
- Ad Operations team
What experience must I have?
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape and value chain, as well as the key players and developments in this space
- Experience of using ad servers
- Experience of working with data management platforms
- Experience working with at least one of the following; AdX, Pubmatic, Index Exchange, Rubicon or Appnexus
- Experience of inventory and yield management
- Very strong Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong understanding of commercial aspects of advertising especially around rates and eCPM/rCPM
- Knowledge of programmatic trading and the trends in the audience and programmatic marketplace
- Understanding of agency landscape for the programmatic space
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.