What’s the job? Digital Strategic Partnerships /Affiliates Partnerships manager
Where do I work? Digital Strategy & Partnerships team @ the Bridge (News UK Commercial)
Who’s my Manager? Strategic Partnerships Lead
What is the goal of this role?
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Partnerships and Affiliates manager to join the Digital Strategy and partnerships team within the Bridge, News UK’s commercial department. This role will play a leading role setting up a new ecommerce content business across News UK digital portfolio including The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun and The Wireless group (Talkport and Virgin radio)
This role is responsible for building a pipeline of affiliate and commercial partners across all markets and will be responsible for commercial negotiation, internal on boarding and deal optimisation.
What are my accountabilities?
- Build an affiliate partnership programme to support a new ecommerce content business across all titles.
- Identify new affiliate partners, lead commercial negotiation and contract management
- Manage a portfolio of existing partners ensuring we are maximising the revenue potential out of each partner
- Working closely with the ecommerce editorial team, you will analyse partnership performance data and provide insight for content optimisation and product strategy.
- Establish, build and leverage relationships with existing and potential suppliers/partners to ensure News UK are at the forefront of innovative developments within the digital publishing space
- Track, analyse and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partner relationships
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders, manage the end-to end delivery of supplier contracts in accordance with agreed roadmaps and business needs
- Drive cost reduction efforts through process improvements, contractual efficiencies and elimination of inefficient spending
- Ensure, where appropriate, that regular review meetings with partners/suppliers are held at prescribed intervals including other stakeholder groups where necessary
- Proactively resolve business issues with partners
- Be an internal advocate for new partnerships and ad technology
Who are my contacts?
- Director of Digital Strategy & Partnerships
- Head of Branded Content
- Client partnerships team
- Ecommerce editorial team
- Digital Ad Operations Team
What kind of Candidate are we Looking for?
You are a proactive and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, media environment. You tackle difficult challenges head-on and find creative, strategic solutions. You pay attention to the detail, communicate clearly, speak articulately, and write thoughtfully. You are adaptable and a quick learner who finds enjoyment in seeking out new business opportunities and closing deals.
What experience must I have?
- Experience of and expert understanding of the Affiliate landscape, publishers, merchants, networks
- Proven experience of partner acquisition with ability to develop partnerships with limited supervision
- Highly commercial and analytical, with demonstrated understanding of the underlying economic metrics involved in affiliate partnerships
- A strong strategic mind with a proven success in driving incremental partnership revenue.
- Creative thinker with ability to build a compelling proposition to influence internally and externally
- Strong ability and motivation to work to exceed revenue targets
- A passion for Innovation, unafraid to be bold and brave to grow revenue
- Sales and account management experience & excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in commercial contract management
- Excellent written & presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively
- Successful track record of developing and launching substantial new features or products to market: market assessment, product definition, development/test, pricing/packaging and launching winning products to market
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.