What is the job? Branded Content Strategist – Digital
Where do I work? Digital Strategy & Partnerships team, News UK, The Bridge (Commercial), London
Who’s my Manager? Head of branded content
What is the goal of this role?
The Branded Content Strategist is responsible for supporting the Head of Branded Content with the development of content marketing solutions for the Digital Team and wider commercial business. This person will lead campaign strategy, content planning, KPI setting and support the project management, optimisation and development of benchmarks for future campaigns.
The ideal candidate has a passion for digital advertising and connecting audiences through high quality content marketing campaigns.
What are my accountabilities?
- Support the Digital sales team and the wider department with branded content solutions to develop high quality, measureable and deliverable campaigns across News UK owned and operated platforms.
- Support the HOBC to bring new content product opportunities from editorial to the sales teams
- Attend creative brainstorming sessions with all teams
- Work closely with all News UK and News Corp businesses and strategic partners including Unruly, Wireless radio group & Storyful to deliver best in class outcome driven solutions and strategic planning
- Use data & insight to inform end to end content strategy, leading best practice across the business
- Deliver comprehensive on and off platform distribution plans in response to client & agency RFPs
- Keep live projects on track and make in flight content optimisation recommendations to campaign management and Digital ad operations.
Who are my contacts?
- Digital Sales team
- Head of Branded Content
- Bridge Studios
- Head of Video
- Digital Ad Operations team
- Unruly, Storyful, Wireless group
What kind of Candidate are we Looking for?
You are a proactive and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You tackle difficult challenges head-on and find creative, strategic solutions. You pay attention to details, communicate clearly, speak articulately, and write thoughtfully. You are an adaptable and quick learner who finds enjoyment in problem solving and has a passion for content marketing.
What experience must I have?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in digital solutions sales or content creation
- Experience managing content optimisation, with experience using platforms such as Polar, Sharethrough, Nativo a plus
- Knowledge off of-platform distribution and where/when to apply
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives
- Passion for digital trends and emerging platforms
- Ability to take direction from clients and effectively work through creative challenges
- Advanced understanding of social platforms and tools
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage complex projects.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.