Digital Reporters - Showbiz, The Sun (Casual)
Our aim is to source and produce unmissable Showbiz and TV content for The Sun’s digital platforms. To identify those stories and pictures which will do well for The Sun audience, to write and publish those stories and to get as many readers for those stories as possible.
We are looking for experienced journalists who can source and produce Showbiz and TV content for The Sun’s digital platforms in a fast-moving environment. The successful applicant will be a quick thinker and will be able to find and publish a "Sun" digital story and develop it.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Turn around copy and content quickly and accurately – mindful of IPSO and legal issues.
- Produce a high volume of stories per day
- Identify stories and subjects which will drive traffic and develop them
- Develop contacts in showbiz and TV industries
- Work with video desk and picture desk to maximum effect
- Show initiative to get important stories turned around quickly
- Have an instinct for how to ‘sell’ a digital story to get maximum impact on The Sun’s platforms and also on social media
- Be able to write in a concise and entertaining way in keeping with The Sun style but free from cliché
- Understand how to recirculate readers within The Sun and keep them engaged with our content
- Be able to work as part of a team in a constantly adapting working environment that is always striving to find the new way of telling stories.
- Previous experience at a news agency or national title
- Excellent, fast writing and basic subbing skills
- Passion for all things Showbiz and TV
- Flexible attitude to working hours across seven days
- A willingness to embrace ongoing digital challenges such as social media
- Good head under pressure
Apply immediately for this fantastic opportunity
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.