What’s the job? Product Executive
Where do I work? News UK – London Bridge
Why are we here?
To grow existing and build new revenues through products. To create products that our readers will value.
Gaming and Betting
You will be part of our Betting and Gaming team that focuses on products specifically aimed at our Sun readership.
What’s my personal contribution?
This role will focus on supporting and assisting the gaming team
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assisting the Head of Bingo and Games, and supporting the B&G product team in the day to day running of Sun gaming products.
- Support all tasks in the delivery of product launches, marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Ensure winners stories and editorial features are regularly updated in paper and online.
- Manage the administration, delivery and signoff of creative, marketing and promotional materials.
- Assist in the daily operational activities in running a large online gaming business.
- Manage the ordering, tracking and fulfilment of prizes and merchandise.
- Work closely with partners to meet defined product and marketing initiative and deadlines.
- Administration of departmental documentation to ensure it remains accurate and up to date.
- Monitor, review and report on products and competitors.
- Create, track and report on purchase orders.
- To work on any other reasonable task requested by your manager in running a large ecommerce business.
- Help to increase conversion and engagement across the product areas by testing and reporting on customer user journeys.
- Be a first point of contact for the team - greeting visitors, fielding telephone calls, responding to correspondence, in a professional and customer focussed way.
- Produce complex PowerPoint presentations.
- Carry out general administrative support (including post, filing, photocopying, faxing) and maintain an up to date information source for the department
- Organise smooth travel arrangements (including taxi’s, hotel, train and flight bookings) and manage the travel budget for any work travel arrangements for the staff, partners and talent
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, contributing ideas and supporting colleagues in making their contributions effectively.
- Encourage collaboration and gain the trust and support of others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments to solicit their input and ensure their awareness of key projects/initiatives.
- Arranging Courier's when required
What do I Know
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Understanding of delivering products and measuring performance against targets.
- Experience of ecommerce
- Gaming industry experience preferred
- Product experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Attention to detail is a must
What do I Show
- Passion for gaming products and an understanding of the market.
- Ability to collaborate across the business and influence other teams.
- Customer focused – able to help inform the decisions.
- Curious, flexible, challenging and innovative.
- Ambitious and passionate about product development and the strength of the brands
- Desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, a real “go getter”
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.