Project Manager (Commercial Content) The Times, The Sunday Times & The Sun
Bridge Studio is the strategic content agency for The Bridge, the commercial sales department at News UK.
We create campaigns that harness emotions to change how people think, feel and act around commercial brands for our clients and agencies. We do this by telling stories that entertain, excite and inspire across all platforms; digital, print, video, social, audio, events and more.
Our unique proposition is our ability to craft editorial content that forges powerful connections with the audiences reached by News UK’s news-brands and channels: The Times, The Sunday Times; The Sun, Wireless radio, Unruly and Storyful
The Bridge Studio Project Management team are responsible for driving the successful execution and delivery of crossplatform campaigns. Our team is truly multi-disciplined with expertise across print, video, radio, digital, events and social. We pride ourselves on our high level of client service and proactive approach, whilst upholding editorial values and creative integrity of the award-winning work we produce.
The Project Manager will work on multiple campaigns and partnerships to plan, document, budget, communicate and troubleshoot at all levels and liaise with clients at every step of the project cycle. With multiple campaign deliverables and an influx of briefs for scoping, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring vital information flows through to Bridge Studio teams and internal/external stakeholders at all times and all parties are clear on their tasks and relevant deliverables and timelines
Put simply, Bridge Studio’s success stands or falls on the effectiveness of the quality of its journalism and the effectiveness of its campaigns. The role of Project Manager is vital to ensuring that success by brilliant project and customer relationship management and flawless delivery of campaigns and partnerships.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Works closely with Strategic Planning, Creative and Sales teams in Bridge Studio to deliver the best cross platform campaigns for clients
- Awareness of all relevant News UK news brands, their platforms and distribution channels– how they work, what audience they reach, how best to use them
- Assumes Project Management responsibility for Bridge Studio campaigns and partnerships across all platforms
- Is client facing, has primary responsibility for client & agency relationships post sale and works in conjunction with Sales and Creative Leads to seek opportunities for clients.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of all elements of an integrated campaign
- Scopes client briefs and provides client and creative insight, costs and scheduling feasibility in pitch responses that generate cross platform ideas for clients.
- Define project scope, co-ordinate requirements, create project schedules, and ensure deadlines are met on multiple projects across all platforms
- Ensure creative integrity is maintained and collaborate closely with the creative team within Bridge Studio
- Create and manage budgets and costs for each individual project and report on a monthly basis
- Build successful relationships and gain the respect and trust of clients & internal stakeholders
- Deliver and presents a post campaign assessment of each project to clients and internal/external stakeholders
- Ensure relationships with all contact points are effectively managed and any issues are highlighted to Senior Project Managers and Group Head – Project Management
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience in project and customer relationship management
- Highly competent at co-ordinating multi-faceted activities and deadlines, anticipates challenges and pressure points and trouble shoots effectively
- Good oral and written communication skills, with the ability explain a concept or idea clearly and succinctly to clients and internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities and able to make decisions autonomously with a structured, coordinated approach.
- Experienced in working with creative editorial teams and producing content for commercial brands, clients and agencies
- Good understanding of digital and social media; strategy, creative and technical processes
- Has an awareness of media agency and commercial content industry landscape
- A level headed, entrepreneurial and spirited approach to the job
- A team player who works under their own initiative.
- Highly organized and able to work across multiple projects at the same time
- Calm and dependable under pressure, and able think quickly and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- A ‘can-do’ approach to working interdependently, with the Creative Leads, Design Sales and Strategic Planning
- Genuinely interested in producing the best cross platform creative content and working with a creative team.
- Sound diplomacy and negotiation
- Act as a brand ambassador for Bridge Studio to external stakeholders and internal departments
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.