What’s the job? Operations Account Exec, short term contract - The Times & Sunday Times
Where do I work? News UK – Sales and Marketing, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF
Why are we here? To attract passionate, loyal and valuable customers to our brands.
Sales and Marketing Department
The News UK Sales and Marketing department is made up of 4 teams; Brand Marketing, Marketing Communications, Sales and Operations, working together to deliver the Sales & Marketing vision. Our strategic objectives:
- Be distinct and differentiated
- Know our customers better
- Do more with customer relationships
- Fuel passions for our brands among customers and staff
- Grow the volume of repeat, known customers
- Grow average revenue per user
- Maximise the lifetime value of our customers
- Own the customer experience from beginning to end
The primary role of the Operations team is to provide excellent levels of support to our customers across multiple channels of communication. To enable this support to be effective the Operations team need to make sure that all representatives within the Contact Centre understand and can communicate to customers all products, services and processes. Agents also need to be experts on The Times and Sunday Times including its content, articles and journalists. Operations also need to meet certain targets including speed of response, quality, customer satisfaction and productivity. The Operations team represent the Voice the Customer, ensuring all new projects, processes and product changes meet customer needs. The team are also responsible for informing the business on the issues that drive customer contact and work with wider teams to reduce customers reason to contact.
What’s my personal contribution?
- The Operations Exec is responsible for producing engaging briefs that bring to life sales promotions, news articles, product changes or new processes for the operations team
- To liaise with the wider internal and external teams to make sure that the briefs are accurate and contain all the information agents will need in order to deal with customer queries
- To gain insight from the Operation on the impact of briefs, the types of customer queries that are being raised
- Ensure we have the correct call outcomes in place so we can track complaints / queries relating to each brief
- Utilise feedback from the operation to improve processes
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To provide general support to the Operations management team
- To ensure that the information within the briefs has been understood and retained by agents, utilising e-learning tools
- Participate in the testing of new technologies
- Assist in training manual operational processes as required for the successful execution of (some) customer campaigns.
- To ensure this training is documented
- Track and report on training outcomes and impact
- Upload briefs and documentation to e-learning platforms
- Work collaboratively with a variety of internal stakeholders, including marketing, technology, finance and editorial
What do I Know
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to prioritise your own work and the overall tasks of the team
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Some experience of designing and delivering presentations
- Maintenance of activity diaries to support product implementation and delivery timeframes
- Experience of using SalesForce service cloud an advantage
- Experience of e-learning training platforms
- Basic technical knowledge of and competence in websites, smartphones and tablets
- Experience of working in a pressurised environment
- Used to working in a target-driven environment
- Experience in working in a contact centre environment
What do I Show?
- Looking to build a long-term career in Customer Operations
- Recognition that operational roles of this nature involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management
- Willingness to travel, expectation will be that this role may require some visits to each contact centre
As a department, we have 5 values that guide our day to day work. We call them the 5 C’s
If you feel this position is for you then please click the apply now button where you will be required to upload a copy of your CV and cover letter stating as to why you are applying for this position.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.