Role Title - Creative Lead
Bridge Studio is the strategic content agency for The Bridge, the commercial sales department at News UK.
We create campaigns that harness emotions to change how people think, feel and act around commercial brands for our clients and agencies. We do this by telling stories that entertain, excite and inspire across all platforms; digital, print, video, social, audio, events and more.
Our unique proposition is our ability to craft editorial content that forges powerful connections with the audiences reached by News UK’s news-brands and channels: The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless radio, Unruly and Storyful.
The Bridge Studio Creative lead team is made of editors, creative producers and journalists who think up and deliver the best blend of editorial, branding, social sharing and interactive content. We pride ourselves on our wide range of editorial expertise and diversity of skillsets that gives Bridge Studio the ability to find and present the most compelling stories.
The Creative Lead will work across multiple campaigns and partnerships to maximise their effectiveness in terms of raising awareness of the brands, and engaging our News UK target audiences. With multiple campaign deliverables and an influx of briefs for scoping; from client brief to pitch, from sale to delivery, the Creative lead is responsible for brilliant ideas and storytelling.
Put simply, Bridge Studio’s success stands or falls on the quality of its journalism – and the effectiveness of its campaigns. The role of Creative Lead is vital to ensuring that success.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Works closely with Strategic Planning, Project Management and Sales team in Bridge Studio to deliver the best ideas for clients
- Awareness of all relevant News UK news brands, their platforms and distribution channels– how they work, what audience they reach, how best to use them
- Is client facing, attends client pitches and contributes to building strong client and agency relationships in conjunction with Project Management and Sales.
- Generates, develops and produces original ideas and content strategy to client and agency briefs
- Is truly platform agnostic when developing content ideas and has the ability to make content work cross platform with due consideration for both commercial brand effectiveness and audience user journey
- Determines the best ideas/stories/angles to deliver the needs of each campaign and establish the correct tone of voice for engaging the target audience
- Commissions writers /creatives, negotiates and secures talent contracts
- Works effectively with Associate Creative Director & design, picture and sub editing support teams
- Collaborates daily with Project Management team to deliver campaigns to deadline
- Manages editorial costs to budget for each individual project and reports regularly to Project Management
- Build successful relationships and gain the respect and trust of clients & internal stakeholders
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experienced in editing, writing and a full understanding of editorial principles
- Fully competent in commissioning content for print, digital, video, social and other platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability explain a concept or idea clearly and succinctly to clients and internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent story telling ability to generate and develop ideas that work cross platform for brands and resonate with audiences
- Good copy writing skills and proven ability in managing and shaping a brief from conception to execution
- Experience of the commercial content market and how to produce content for commercial brands, clients and agencies.
- Be well versed in social media-specific concepts with an understanding of execution formats and creative best practice for social media networks; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube
- An innovative, entrepreneurial and spirited approach to the job
- A team player who works under their own initiative.
- Genuinely interested in producing the best possible cross-platform content for clients
- The ability to think quickly, adapt and creatively problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- A ‘can-do’ approach to working interdependently, notably with the Project Management, Sales, Design and Strategic Planning teams
- Sound diplomacy and negotiation
- Ability to manage several projects at once and with keen attention to detail and process
- Act as a brand ambassador for Bridge Studio to external stakeholders and internal departments
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.