Role Title - Senior Creative Lead
Bridge Studio is the strategic content agency for The Bridge, the commercial sales department at News UK.
We create campaigns that harness emotions to change how people think, feel and act around commercial brands for our clients and agencies. We do this by telling stories that entertain, excite and inspire across all platforms; digital, print, video, social, audio, events and more.
Our unique proposition is our ability to craft editorial content that forges powerful connections with the audiences reached by News UK’s news-brands and channels: The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless radio, Unruly and Storyful.
The Bridge Studio Creative lead team is made of editors, creative producers and journalists who think up and deliver the best blend of editorial, branding, social sharing and interactive content. We pride ourselves on our wide range of editorial expertise and diversity of skillsets that gives Bridge Studio the ability to find and present the most compelling stories.
The Senior Creative Lead will work across Bridge Studio’s key clients and campaigns and maximise their effectiveness in terms of raising awareness of the brands, and engaging our News UK target audiences. From client brief to pitch, from sale to delivery, the Senior Creative lead is responsible for brilliant ideas and storytelling.
The Senior Creative Lead will contribute to implementing the long term strategy and culture of Bridge Studio. A key responsibility as a senior member will be to support the wider creative team and identify development and training to achieve editorial excellence.
Put simply, Bridge Studio’s success stands or falls on the quality of its journalism and the effectiveness of its campaigns. The role of Senior Creative Lead is vital to ensuring that success across the most important and demanding of its clientele.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Works closely with Strategic Planning, Project Management and Sales team in Bridge Studio to deliver the best ideas for clients
- Has a deep understanding of News UK news brands, their platforms and distribution channels– how they work, what audience they reach, how best to use them
- Assumes the editor role within Bridge Studio and has editorial responsibility for the execution of key Bridge Studio campaigns across all platforms
- Supports and drives forward the long-term strategy of Bridge Studio with Group Head, Creative to build our reputation in the market place
- Ensures the standard of our copy and editorial quality remains as high as possible, in conjunction with Commercial Managing Editor, Group Head, Creative
- Provides editorial direction and guidance to the Creative Leads, identifies training & support required.
- Is client facing, attends client pitches and contributes to building strong client and agency relationships in conjunction with Project Management and Sales.
- Generates, develops and produces original ideas and content strategy to client and agency briefs
- Is truly platform agnostic when developing content ideas and has the ability to make content work cross platform with due consideration for both commercial brand effectiveness and audience user journey
- Determines the best ideas/stories/angles to deliver the needs of each campaign and establish the correct tone of voice for engaging the target audience
- Commissions writers /creatives, negotiates and secures talent contracts
- Works effectively with Associate Creative Director & design, picture and sub editing support teams
- Collaborates daily with Project Management team to deliver campaigns to deadline
- Manages editorial costs to budget for each individual project and reports regularly to Project Management
- Build successful relationships and gain the respect and trust of clients & internal stakeholders
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Substantial experience in editing, setting editorial direction and a full understanding of editorial principles
- Should have an extensive network of editorial contacts and is extremely experienced in commissioning content for print, digital, video, social and other platforms
- Experience of managing and developing creative team members and freelance contractors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and succinctly to clients and other stakeholders within the business
- Excellent story telling ability to generate and develop ideas that work cross platform for brands and resonate with audiences
- Exceptional copy writing skills and proven ability in managing and shaping a brief from conception to execution
- Solid experience of the commercial content market and how to produce content for commercial brands, clients and agencies.
- Be well versed in social media-specific concepts with an understanding of execution formats and creative best practice for social media networks; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Has a good understanding of the principles of strategic planning, and how data and insight can inform and direct our thinking.
- An innovative, entrepreneurial and spirited approach to the job
- Genuinely interested in producing the best possible cross-platform content for clients
- The ability to think quickly, adapt and creatively problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- A ‘can-do’ approach to working interdependently, notably with the Project Management, Sales, Design and Strategic Planning teams
- Sound diplomacy and negotiation
- Ability to manage several projects at once and with keen attention to detail and process
- Act as a brand ambassador for Bridge Studio to external stakeholders and internal departments
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.