Job Role: HR Data & Reporting Team Leader
Who reports to me?
SAP HR Data & Reporting Administrators
Why are we here?
We deliver expertise on HR Administration, Compliance, HR Data, Talent Resourcing and Learning & Development to our customers across the News UK business.
We achieve this through specialist knowledge of our area and by taking ownership of the customer experience.
We implement solutions which meet the business’s needs, protect the business from risk and deliver a good customer experience.
How do we contribute?
Our team, HR Data Admin & Reporting, is responsible for the proactive management of HR data and providing input for processes involving HR Data with a continuous improvement philosophy.
We support Technology delivering changes to SAP and ensure that compliance is at the centre of all our activities.
We establish and help to implement sustainable systems, frameworks and processes to ensure efficient and effective capture and management of HR data.
We offer a service to the business and third parties through providing accurate and well-presented management information
What are my accountabilities?
- This is a leadership role within the HR Operations structure, with responsibility for establishing new ways of working and setting new parameters with Stakeholders
- The role requires the proactive review of data issues, establishing new processes together with the other Team Leaders , obtaining stakeholder buy-in to those processes Support & manage all changes with maintaining the News UK org structure in SAP
- Further improve data integrity by creating a plan / programme of changes for data integrity
- Establishing reliable processes for proactive management / correction of HR data
HR Data Reporting
- Ensure process for ad hoc reporting requests within allotted timeframes, prioritisation and authorisation is clear within the HR team and for all external stakeholders
- Ensure Reporting schedule covering regular reporting for all stakeholders is up to date and regularly reviewed to ensure its relevancy
- Delivery of high level regular reporting and analysis
Interface with SAP Technology team
- Managing SAP access request process and liaison with the Tech team for approval of these requests
- Overseeing Newspeople and SAP changes, requested both within and outside of HR
- Performing on-going consideration of new HR Information Systems solutions and proposing improvements to the current HR Information Systems solution
- End to end management and overseeing of any HR related improvements projects
- Manage system changes and fixes
- Serve as the linchpin between HR and Technology, monitoring SLA’s
- Developing roles and responsibilities for new team members and existing team members with clear handover points between the Data team and the Hub
- Ongoing management and development of 3 team members, including setting objectives, work allocation, yearly objectives/PDR setting performance appraisal
- Working closely with Contracts Team Leader and Hub Team Leader to ensure overlap / efficiency of work being carried out and the most effective use of resources
What do I need to know?
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills
- Good understanding of requirement gathering and visual presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, Advanced Formula building)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
What do I show?
- Passion for service delivery
- Well organised
- Experience working in an HR department
- Experience of managing people
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.