Job Role - HR Data Co-ordinator
Why are we here?
We deliver expertise on HR Administration, Compliance, HR Data, Talent Resourcing and Learning & Development to our customers across the News UK business.
We achieve this through specialist knowledge of our area and by taking ownership of the customer experience.
We implement solutions which meet the business’s needs, protect the business from risk and deliver a good customer experience.
How do we contribute?
Our team, HR Data Administration and Reports, is responsible for the proactive management of HR data and provide input for processes involving HR Data with a continuous improvement philosophy.
We support Technology delivering changes to SAP and ensure that compliance is at the centre of all our activities.
We establish and help to implement sustainable systems, frameworks and processes to ensure efficient and effective capture and management of HR data.
We offer a service to the business and third parties through providing accurate and well-presented management information
What are my accountabilities
Lead support on memo process (Approval process in team/remuneration changes)
- Liaise with HR Business Partners to ensure all required information is provided
- Review SAP org structure and place vacancies into the relevant org units/cost centres/line managers
- Maintaining memo spread sheet and managing memo filing for future reference
Manual data input in SAP
- Process any HR Forms that may have gone into error when processed electronically
- Process any bike salary sacrifices (entering and ending)
- Correcting employee records that have been updated incorrectly
- External contractor management. Identifying issues and correcting them when requested.
Organisational updates / restructures in SAP
- Assist with restructures within the organisation which would include:
- Creating new org units, positions
- Assigning cost centres
- Transferring current employees into these positions
- Moving current employees with their current positions into the correct reporting lines
- Arranging accesses where necessary
- Identify positions that should be restricted levels and put into place
- Respond to 'how to' queries (includes Newspeople and other general HR areas)
- Respond to calls logged in RemedyForce and progress through to resolution
- Support HR Hub with issues that they may have
- Liaise with Payroll regarding any employee data issues that might arise that affects the payroll
- Manage relationships with other areas of the business (Payroll, HBRP, Service Desk, Business areas)
- Involvement in testing resolution to issues that have been raised with Technology
- Work schedule testing
SAP reporting – Ad hoc & routine reports
- Responding to ad hoc reporting requests within allotted timeframes
- Identification of when standard reports are already available to business or via MSS
- Prioritisation of requests
- Ensuring that requests are appropriately authorised
- Ensuring that reports provided to business include an appropriate narrative and that any limitations to the report are outlined
- Establish control over use of reports given and provide guidance to business users for this based on standard guidance to be agreed with Data Protection Administrator
- Producing data extracts from SAP when requested
- Responding to daily queries / updating / checking records
- Manage Data Quality on SAP
- Ensure knowledge transfer between Technology and HR
- Support HR Data and Reporting Team Leader with project work where required
- Set up appropriate data reconciliation / monitoring tasks to ensure data quality.
- Proactively manage issues impacting data integrity
Must Haves: What do I need to know?
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Good understanding of requirement gathering and visual presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
What do I show?
- Passion for service delivery
- Well organised
- Team Player
Experience working in an HR department would be an advantage.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.