TV and Soap Writer, TV Magazine & TV Soap, The Sun (maternity cover, January start)
Are you a talented writer/interviewer and passionate about TV? Do you know your Beales from your Barlows, and The Waterhole from The Woolpack? Are you up to date with the biggest TV hits?
The team behind the country’s best-read mags, TV Magazine and TV Soap, is looking for a writer to join us in maternity cover position, starting in January 2018.
This exciting role includes:
* Interviewing a huge range of TV talent
* Writing engaging and original features and previews
* Contributing to our vital soap pages in TV Magazine and TV Soap
* Attending launches, screenings and visits to the sets of TV shows in production, during working hours and evenings/weekends when required
* Identifying and delivering fascinating, must-read real-life stories
* Coming up with fresh ideas to ensure we stay ahead of our rivals
* Mindful of IPSO and legal requirements while working speedily and accurately to deadline
- Previous experience on a national consumer magazine or supplement. Experience on a TV magazine and knowledge of listings is preferred.
- Excellent, fast writing and basic subbing skills
- Passion for TV and soaps
- A willingness to embrace on-going digital challenges such as social media
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.