System Administrator & Project Engineer with emphasis on IT and systems support and maintenance in Radio Broadcasting. The role requires a hands on delivery and support of the technical responsibilities of the role while also deputising in the management of the department. Excellent people and communication skills are essential and a willingness to adopt and excel in all required areas of the role.
Achievements and or experience is being sought in some or all of the following areas:
- Ability to deliver first through third level support for a Windows/Office environment
- Knowledge of building a server
- Administration & configuration of a Windows Server / AD Exchange environment support
- IT purchasing
- 24 hour on call support
- Strong networking knowledge, Cisco experience an advantage
- Audio systems and setups, PA and Video equipment an advantage
- Full driving licence and own vehicle required
- Multicast audio, Axia AOIP networks, audio codecs, software and hardware
- Shoutcast audio streaming, metadata and analytics
- Wowza video stream server
- Avaya Communication Manager & Audix IP phone/messaging system RCS audio scheduling and playout system
- Burli news production and playout system
- Broadnet ad traffic system x Accounts systems – TASBooks, Sage Quickpay, Easypay, EasyEFT
- Wireless Technologies, point2point radio data networks and radio theory
- FM radio transmission equipment
- DR systems and process management
- Radio Outside Broadcasting
- Management of Mechanical & Electrical systems
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.