Job Title: HR Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Overview of Job:
To support the HRD and in delivering the people plan for News UK
To actively coach and advise the department heads and managers across a range of HR activities including
organisational development, change management, talent management, performance management, employee communications, and employee relations.
This role will be required to provide operational support for the delivery of various projects.
Key Tasks / Result Areas:
1. Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders to enable the delivery of the HR people plan, in line with the business strategy.
2. Coaching and advising line managers effectively on a range of complex and challenging people issues.
3. Employee relations – support the section head in managing a variety of complex and demanding ER cases
and liaising with legal advisors where necessary.
4. Assist with planning, co-ordination and implementation of team re-organisations and change management projects across the department.
5. Respond and adapt to a fast changing environment and deliver effective solutions in unpredictable situations.
6. Educate and guide managers on effective performance management processes, including conducting appraisals, integrating good behaviours, providing regular feedback and motivating their team.
7. Talent Management – design and develop methods to help attract, develop and retain talent at all levels, and ensure these are delivered as part of our overall talent strategy.
8. Coordinate the implementation of our development programmes such as The Times graduate intake and summer internship/work experience schemes.
9. Manage the recruitment for various editorial positions at all levels, and help managers to understand and embrace the benefits of following a robust recruitment process, within demanding deadlines.
10. Work closely with the HR shared service function to provide high level administrative support to the TNL HR team.
Key Technical Skills Required Key Personal Skills Required:
1. Strong track record in a number of different, challenging environments
2. Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management, coaching, and change management.
3. Good Project Management
4. CIPD Qualified
5. Experience of working in a union environment desirable
Key Personal Skills Required:
1. Able to build positive stakeholder relationships to enable collaboration
2. Communicates clearly and persuasively at all levels of the organisation
3. Able to work in a fast paced, complex and changing business environment
4. Detail conscious, procedural and strong on Employment Law
5. The nous to resolve a problem within the business that requires good judgement between best practice and what will work
6. Business acumen – insight and understanding of how the editorial environment operates
7. Strategic effectiveness – ability to demonstrate HR business insight and influence stakeholder group
Internal key stakeholders (Senior Leadership Team, employees, HR, News Union, legal, payroll, pensions, finance and tax) External key stakeholders (lawyers, clients, agents)
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.