JOB TITLE: Research Exec
DEPARTMENT: Group Support
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the ILR local sales teams with sales research, media research and presentation material to assist the sales process and giving insight into market categories for local clients and agencies. To be based at Blackpool, Wigan, Chesterfield, Bradford or Stoke-on- Trent.
- To deliver very high quality presentation material ensuring key sales arguments are well presented using PowerPoint.
- To gather well collated market intelligence using Rajar Analyser, Nielson MMS, TGI, Mintel, Mediatel and any other associated research data sources available.
- To be proficient in radio campaign planning and booking using Planit.
- To respond to sales briefs from stations in a planned and well organised manner meeting deadlines and maintaining a high quality of work.
- To update the group media packs on a quarterly basis using Rajar release data and to consistently improve our visual representation of the information and PowerPoint framework and template for all stations.
- To design, develop and keep the group; radio, advertising, marketplace and listener profile presentation material updated at all times.
- Working alongside and support the Group Programme Director on visual representation of audience analysis.
- To develop your knowledge of commercial and economic market trends and relevant marketplace information that will assist with the sales process.
- To provide a structured flow of critical sales information to all Sales Account managers across the group.
- To be highly organised and highly efficient at all times, working at a pace to assist in the goals and targets of the stations and wider Wireless Group.
- To develop and source new research data, including questionnaire design and testing using station databases.
- To build and maintain strong internal relationships across all sales teams and group departments.
- Any other duties that may apply to this role
The closing date for applications is 5:00pm on Friday 26th August 2016
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.