Preparation of weekly results reporting, including detailed support and analysis around the advertising Flash and AdStats processes.
Provision of detailed support around the monthly financial accounting and control processes, including preparation of detailed reports and reconciliations and ensuring all entries on the Commercial balance sheet are reconciled.
Ensuring effective communication and team working is established with the London Commercial Finance Team to ensure accurate reporting.
- Preparing the digital weekly results reports
- Tracking and reporting of travel partnership revenues and costs
- Support to the weekly reporting process for newspaper (national titles and magazines), including production of all regular reports/analysis
- Support to the Flash process for newspaper and digital advertising
- Maintenance of Creative Solutions weekly revenue analysis and profitability by client
- Weekly Bonus tracking to teams
- Assist production of KPI schedules eg digital metrics (UVs, PVs, CPM)
- Support to the monthly accounting process for Commercial including:
- To provide appropriate documentation and analysis to support the monthly result
- To ensure that the appropriate control environment exists for the invoicing and accruals processes
- Ensure the balance sheet position is valid and reflective of current trading
- Provide assistance for the digital month end process
- Processing support for all of the relevant reporting cycles
- Proactively reviewing the appropriateness of current reporting and control process and identifying new formats, new reports and new ways of working
- Support to the incentive management process including:
- Validation of financial targets
- Reconciliations with Budgets and Forecasts
- Actively studying AAT or starting ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Ability to perform accurate analysis of large volumes of data, summarising key trends
- Ability to produce accurate reporting to the agreed process and timescale
- TM1 and SAP knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and team members at varying levels of seniority
- Ability to convey relevant information accurately and concisely
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and understand the key drivers of the Commercial Department
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.