Passionate about punctuation? Crazy about captions? Then we want to hear from you!
The Sun On Sunday’s Fabulous magazine is looking for a dynamic and talented Sub-Editor to join its busy team. The ideal candidate will have experience of subbing on women's or lifestyle titles, preferably in a weekly environment, across both print and online.
First and foremost you'll have an excellent grasp of English grammar, spelling and punctuation. But you will also be adept at spotting inaccuracies and inconsistencies and cutting copy to length without losing the Fabulous tone or voice - all under the pressure of tight deadlines. Plus, you’ll be bursting with creative ideas for headlines, captions and sells on everything from on-trend fashion stories to gritty real-life reads.
- Ensure copy is error-free, factually correct, adheres to Fabulous house style, and entertains and informs readers.
- Suggest creative, original and inspiring headlines, sells and captions.
- Perform essential admin tasks on the Production desk to help the magazine workflow run smoothly.
- Contribute to weekly ideas meetings.
- Proven subbing track record.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to remain organised and unflappable under pressure.
- A whizz at Adobe Indesign and familiar with magazine workflows.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.