JOB TITLE - Learning and Talent Development Advisor
ABOUT THE COMPANY
News UK is a worldwide media, news, education, and information services company. News UK publishes The Times and The Sunday Times and The Sun. We are a fast-moving, highly creative, multichannel media business that includes other brands such as Storyful, Unruly, Wireless Group and Newsprinters. News UK has approximately 2,600 employees, with headquarters in London and sites in Ireland, Scotland and England.
This is an exciting role that includes supporting the heart of the News UK business, namely our editorial teams (The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun). Partnering closely with HRBPs and the business you will have accountability for creating and delivering strategic L&D solutions as well as talent development activities in line with their long term business goals and objectives.
You will develop and grow excellent relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure you are viewed as a trusted L&TD consultant. Through your L&TD expertise, and in-depth understanding of the business and their challenges, you will support their objectives by translating them into learning and talent development solutions. As the subject matter expert and go-to person you will provide the latest thinking, insight and recommendations for people development.
This includes the full suite of learning interactions from induction, technical training (eg. Methode), personal development, apprenticeships, coaching and mentoring and leadership development (and more).
This role will be a mix of both design as well as delivery so you will need to be as comfortable in the classroom as outside of it and be able to utilise a tool kit of blended learning solutions which include using external trainers.
You will analyse and interpret data and MI to pro-actively present new ideas or to provide insight in your decision making and to help you determine suitable solutions.
As part of the L&TD you will work closely with your colleagues to support and share ideas and help deliver in other business areas as required. In addition you will have the opportunity to champion key areas of interest within the team on an on-going basis as well as lead projects as they arise.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Proven track record in the full L&D lifecycle;
- Training needs analysis
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Showing return on investment
Essential delivery experience in;
- Delivery of breadth of management and leadership development workshops
- Facilitating team development days
- Coaching and mentoring
- Designing e-learning modules
- Analysing data
- Using data to drive decisions
- Relationships with external providers
- Negotiating preferred rates with suppliers.
- Implementation and management of Apprenticeship schemes and knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Experience and comfort of working in a fast paced and heavy deadline driven environment.
- Strong MS office skills
- Degree educated
- CIPD or other Learning & Development qualification
- Accredited Psychometric practitioner in MBTI, Hogan etc Coaching qualification Well versed with e-learning and LMS technology, ideally Cornerstone and Elucidat
- Commercially minded
- Demonstrates a passion for L&TD and desire to go the extra mile
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Extremely organised
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting requirements
- High levels of attention to detail
- Build strong relationships with internal clients
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Naturally curious
- Flexible and open minded
- Adaptable to change Honesty and integrity
- Willing to challenge and question
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Common sense approach mixing best practise with pragmatism
- Genuine interest in journalism
This a fantastic opportunity to join a high performance team and grow your career in a supportive and nurturing environment - apply now!
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.