Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Commercial Director
Overview of Role:
This is a new role that requires ownership and influence to challenge behaviours and drive smart customer analytics to support our service offering and to ensure our service meets customer’s needs and continually fit for purpose.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the effective and compliant operation of the commercial print and distribution services. The Commercial Analyst will be expected to provide smart analytics to ensure our service is professional, contractually aligned and optimised.
Drive our future capacity utilisation and optimisation across print and distribution:
- Develop forecast press allocation models with projections of capacity expectations
- Review and challenge schedules to identify capacity for Commercial opportunities
- Model optimisation ideas to support Leadership team
- Key performance indicators for each client
- Key protocols for exceptional circumstances
- Manage and update all relevant contacts
- Review quarterly to ensure this document is fit for purpose
- Attend customer meetings to review this document bi-annually
Own and manage all customer service level reporting to ensure:
- Reports provide accurate date on services provided
- That reports meet all customers needs
- That customers are consulted with to ensure their requirements are covered
- That reports are as automated as possible
Support and contribute to key internal performance reviews providing:
- Customer performance achievements for print and distribution vs agreed KPI’s
- Contractual performance review
- Print production analysis to share press performance by title
- On time distribution performance and lost sale analysis
- Revenue vs budget and projections of change log term
Develop competitor insight with consolidation projections including:
- Producing 3 – 5 year plan of existing competitor capacity projections
- Gain insight and build contractual database support both new business wins and supply chain development.
- Support the Leadership team with developing strategy to target the optimum business to suit our capacity and to maximise our financial return
- Encourage competitor insight sharing to build a comprehensive plan of competitor print sites and distribution business
- Project consolidation and provide intelligence for Commercial team to use to support their sales plan
Competencies / Behaviours:
- Excellent analytical skills with a clear understanding of the fundamental analytical principles and the ability to apply them to both commercial and operational environments
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Understanding and experience of managing Customer Relationships
- Experience of contract management
- Ability to deliver complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and clearly articulate solutions based on complex operational models
- Relationship Manager – highly skilled at developing and maintaining relationships internally and externally
- Appetite for change and a motivation to implement new ideas for the benefit of the business.
- Interpersonal skills – effectively communicating, building rapport and relating to others at all levels
- Strategic thinking – evidence of developing business strategies that focus on short, medium and long term, for both retention of business and obtaining new business
- Bold in thinking to enable us to seek ways to develop our business
- Challenges and ask questions to continually improve the way we operate
- Ability to articulate verbally and in writing
- Able to create collaboration across Newsprinters
- Knowledge of the newspaper and magazine industry
Key Internal / External relationships
Newsprinters Leadership team members
All customers including NUK partners
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.