Where do I work?
TNL – Sales and Marketing - Dublin 2
Why are we here?
To attract passionate, loyal and valuable customers to our brands.
Sales and Marketing Department
The TNL Sales and Marketing department is made up of 4 teams; Brand Strategy & Planning, Content Sales, Retention Engagement & Operations and Product & Audience Development. Our strategic objectives:
- Be distinct and differentiated
- Know our customers better
- Do more with customer relationships
- Fuel passions for our brands among customers and staff
- Grow the volume of repeat, known customers
- Grow average revenue per user
- Maximise the life time value of our customers
- Own the customer experience from beginning to end
What’s my personal contribution?
To increase consideration of the Times of Ireland digital subscription and to drive traffic to the Irish online Shop and Contact Centre using all digital channels. To assist the Marketing Manager in the management of both the subscriber acquisition and print sales budget, growing the digital subs base and generating high quality leads and subscribers at the minimum possible cost. To grow paid for print ST circulation, managing the sales budget to achieve, growing print sale and generating high quality leads and purchasers at the minimum possible cost.
To increases digital conversion (acquisition and conversion to subscriptions) by optimising the customer journey across web, tablet and mobile platforms. To specify multi-variant testing to maximise the effectiveness of sales propositions. To lead improvements of Shop and Checkout journeys to maximise conversion.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Acquisition 7 Day Digital TNL Ireland Subscriptions
- Develop and implement online B2C sales strategies and plans to drive digital traffic and sales and manage within cost budget in Ireland.
- Develop and implement online B2B sales strategies and plans to drive subscription volume.
- Be informed by hard data, modifying plans and strategies in response to sales performance data analysis. Be the main source of knowledge on what drives traffic that sells
- Develop efficient methods of testing propositions, channels and audience targeting techniques to deliver the optimal level of customer sales.
- Execute the TNL Discovery strategy (PPC and Social) from a sales perspective. Develop plans to optimise the discovery strategy
- Develop business cases for all significant activity, taking input from Finance and the Sales Planning and Execution Manager where required, and take ownership of activity P&Ls.
- Deliver a world class customer experience for subscription prospects, educating, informing and converting them to the right subscription products at the optimum price. Continually improve the core metrics of consideration and conversion including all checkout and funnel metrics.
- Work in collaboration with the UK Acquisition team to optimise bespoke Irish online customer journeys across web, tablet and mobile platforms to drive acquisition and increase rates of conversion from casual to TNL Irish subscriptions, to ultimately deliver the maximum life time value customers to TNL.
- Assist in efficient multi-variant testing plans in order to maximise conversion across all campaigns and propositions, overseeing technical and creative development of multi-variant activities by the Technology and Marketing Communications teams.
- Work with the Audience Manager to generate a registered access prospect pool, advising on editorial content, segment and channels.
- Integrate customer segmentation into the online experience, targeting offers and creative differently depending on customer attributes
- Take a pro-active “test and learn” approach to multi-variant testing, modifying plans and strategies in response to sales performance data analysis.
- Evaluate performance of propositions and campaigns, using Insight and analysis to constantly optimise activities.
- Build a network of knowledge in best practice for digital conversion optimisation across News UK, News Corp and global leaders in sales funnel management.
- Improve performance of the function / department through the analysis of existing business processes, identifying innovative alternatives and recommendations for more effective or efficient ‘ways of working’ / product / service
- Drive the efficient delivery of organisational change projects in support of News UK’s strategic agenda within a culture of empowerment through personal leadership
Sunday Times Print Sales
- Assist in the development and execution of the titles’ print sales strategy and marketing plan alongside the Digital Acquisitions Manager.
- Work with the brand team in translating the overall brand strategy into creative, effective and efficient campaign strategies for the Irish market.
- To be the operational interface between Marketing and The Sunday Times Ireland editorial, co creating and selling in marketing campaigns and managing the day-to-day activities which support the achievement of sales and circulation goals in Ireland
- Contribute into the sales planning process in order to deliver TPS growth and revenues as set out in the 3 year plan.
- Develop and produce all briefs for all TNL communication, liaising with Editorial, Sales and Customer teams
What do I Know - Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of digital subscriptions within the Irish market
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in online communications, SEO and affiliate marketing
- Demonstrable target driven approach to sales and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing/ optimising online customer journeys
- Thorough understanding of News UK Marketing strategy and how Sales & Circulation can support this strategy
- Deep understanding of shoppers and the newspaper industry
- Comparative understanding of all online marketing channels
- Expertise in performance monitoring / tracking and budget management
- Good at working as part of cross functional team
- Experience in delivering fully integrated marketing campaigns that deliver against the marketing objectives.
What do I Show? Essential Behaviours
- Excellent creative judgement and a passion and understanding of The Times and The Sunday Times brands and business strategy.
- Experience and proven ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders and editorial.
- Ability to localise national campaigns when required and push back if not appropriate
- Understanding the make-up and challenges of The TNL sales and subscription business.
- Experience and proven ability to manage and work in partnership with agencies and creatives at a senior level, to deliver world class work.
- Exceptional ability to lead project planning across teams, directing peers and cajoling others in order to deliver multi layered campaign plans.
- Experience of navigating complex projects and managing multiple senior stakeholders.
- Experience of marketing planning and managing marketing budgets.
- First rate briefing skills and idea generation.
- Experience at evaluating activity effectiveness.
- First rate communications skills including PowerPoint and presentational ability.
As a department, we have 5 values that guide our day to day work. We call them the 5 C’s
Apply now for your chance to work for one of Britain's largest media companies!
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.