Where do I work?
News Ireland – Marketing department -Bishops Square, Redmond Hill, Dublin 2.
Why are we here?
To attract passionate, loyal and valuable customers to our brands.
Sales and Marketing Department
The News UK & Ireland Sales and Marketing department is made up of is made up of a number of teams working together to deliver the Marketing and Sales vision. Our strategic objectives:
- Be distinct and differentiated
- Know our customers better
- Do more with customer relationships
- Fuel passions for our brands among customers and staff
- Grow the volume of repeat, known customers
- Grow average revenue per user
- Maximise the life time value of our customers
- Own the customer experience from beginning to end
What’s my personal contribution?
A key role within the Marketing team, the Marketing Executive will implement a retail and media strategy that can achieve ambitious casual print sales targets for The Irish Sun. This role will assist in creating the marketing plans for the printed and digital version, contribute towards overall marketing objectives and execute print campaigns. This role will support the Senior Marketing Manager of The Irish Sun in the development of media, sales and retail strategies and be a main point of contact with Irish editorial.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the Marketing Manager in developing The Irish Sun’s print marketing plan and communications
- Maintain a watching brief of print sales performance to help the Marketing Manager’s identify early potential challenges to meeting targets.
- Support Marketing Manager’s in development and writing of briefs for all marketing communications, liaising with Editorial, Sales and Customer teams
- Day to day assistance with the development and implementation of campaigns, working closely with Team News in particular but across all parts of the marketing department.
- Work with Marketing Manager’s to review retail point of sale and branding and with the retail team to devise and implement a retail strategy for all titles.
- Manage relationships with editorial stakeholders - in particular section heads – understanding and planning content and relevant support via social, owned and paid media.
- Support the Marketing Manager’s in evaluating success of activity and circulating lessons learnt
- Administration regarding your functional area including putting presentations together and assisting in the management of the Marketing budget
- On occasion be required support the events team in running events and promotions as a local contact
- Ensure all advertising output adheres to regulatory requirements
- Manage agency relationships - oversee sign-off process for all work and scripts
- Raise all financial sign-off forms and deliver to relevant people for sign-off
- Be in charge of timing plans and day to day delivery.
What do I Know - Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in managing campaigns that use a variety of marketing activities and communications methods
- Good creative judgement and a passion and understanding News Ireland brands - specifically The Irish Sun
- Experience of Marketing planning and managing marketing budgets
- An understanding of the full variety of marketing and communication levers
- The ability to put together layered marketing activities including the full marketing mix including promotion, PR, social and digital, advertising, content, pricing, crm and others
- An understanding of business and marketing objectives
- First rate briefing skills
- Idea generation. Creative
- Understanding of the art of brand management
- Experience at evaluating activity effectiveness
- Experience and proven ability to influence editorial
- A passion for and an understanding of our brands and our customers
- First rate communications skills including PowerPoint and presentational ability
- Good relationship skills and an ability to operate within a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
What do I Show? - Essential Behaviours
As a department, we have 5 values that guide our day to day work. We call them the 5 C’s
If you want to work for one the biggest and most popular British newspapers, apply now!
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.